Phone speaker is like a whisper, but loud when play music

Is anyone else having this issue and is there a fix? When I use the phone speaker it is very low (tons of threads on this) like a whisper, but when I play the pre-loaded music it is actually quite loud. Is there a fix?

2 Likes

@mrm Thanks for the feedback. That’s a very interesting observation. Let me check with the team & see what they say about this. I know we did send out the speaker to Harman to see what could be done to improve quality.

1 Like

Tested music player vs phone speaker volume

Results - Music player is MUCH louder using Media volume setting, vs the phone Call volume (same result with wired earpiece/headphone)

2 Likes

@smuch The original post was from 2022 and was about Mudita Pure. Mudita Kompakt was not in our product portfolio just yet.

1 Like

Thanks for creating the MK Volume function @chadp, I remain as an out of the box experience participant. I hope Mudita OS incorporates a fix.

1 Like

I am visiting the forum after a disappointingly low volume call with a financial institution that went on for ages. Are there any fixes on the horizon? What is this MK Volume function that you mention? Is it an interim solution? Thank you!

2 Likes

MK Volume+ is a small utility …

2 Likes

@smuch That utility app is really something :slight_smile:
I

1 Like

I hope the future Mudita OS addresses volume in the standard build.
I haven’t installed the interim fix, but happy to share solutions

1 Like

I passed this on to the team. This utility does work, it’s makes the speaker too loud for me, personally. But audio is subjective & I can see why people would use it.