Phone freezes up

I understand! For me, it came back within minutes when it froze, but if it takes hours that’s a major problem.

Apparently there is an OS update coming soon, that could help solve your issues.

3 Likes

This appears on the Pure sales page, but I am unsure what Mudita means by “chooses the lowest spectrum available”:

With the user’s health in mind, Pure always chooses the lowest spectrum available to limit radiation.

Now I wonder whether Mudita could update MuditaOS so that Pure users could pick a different “spectrum” that would give them greater signal strength (“more bars”)!

Meanwhile, @abos, “You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.” – per this. I hope that you get clarity within those 14 calendar days as to whether you can get greater signal strength!

3 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd

Thanks! That actually makes a lot of sense, at least from my perspective. The #1 reason I chose the pure was actually to limit EMF exposure. So I’m willing to live with that trade-off, but for sure I understand it’s not the most important criteria for other people so maybe it would make sense to add settings for people who want to finetune their signal strength.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
I choose the Pure because of the low radiation. Nevertheless, people need to be able to reach me for my work.

But that’s not where this topic is about :wink:
Since this morning I can’t use my phone at all. It’s still frozen. So, sadly, for now I am back to my smart phone.
I hope there will be a swift respons from Mudita with a solution for this problem.

3 Likes

Have you tried to shut down the phone, by pressing the key combo (it’s in the manual) or removing the battery?

1 Like

@abos I’m sorry your’re experiencing issues, but I believe I have some good news for you. I’m about to post the newest update & in it there’s news about a new software update for MuditaOS & a new version of Mudita Center.
The MuditaOS update fixes over 90 know bugs/issue, so it will definitely make using your Mudita Pure more enjoyable.

1 Like

That would be great urszula.
My husband just removed the battery. Even holding the right button did not turn the phone off, so I hope this does the trick.

2 Likes

@abos
The update has been posted- take a look all the fixes which will be implemented:

1 Like

Hi urszula, I’m sorry to say, but since I updated the phone I have no connection whatsoever!
Please help. I’m getting a bit desperate.
Update: I don’t know what’s going on, but since a couple of minutes I do have connection I’m very pleased to say.
I’ll order a new sim card today and hope that will fix the connection troubles.

2 Likes

@abos I have reported the issue to the devs. You can always try refreshing the sim card. You have to go to settings>network> change SIM. Or just go and slide the side button to offline and back to online.

I tried that, but it didn’t work. Looks like the phone needs a lot of time connecting.
I don’t know if thats reported by more customers.
Hope a new sim wil solve the problem.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

I am having these same issues. It freezes for hours at a time. last night in the middle of the night it froze even when not being used and the clock got stuck at 2:18am and my alarm did not go off so my children missed their school bus.
I am trying the update now but there are many issues with this phone.

3 Likes

@ziva I saw on a previous thread that you updated Mudita Center & MuditaOS. Let is know if this solved the issues you were experiencing.

On a related note. When my phone is in disconnected mode and an alarm triggers the phone freezes up. I need to remove battery to reset. Will not set alarms in this mode for now. I am on latest version.

3 Likes

@dkarhan We’re sorry that you’re experiencing problems. When something like this happens, we would ask you to send logs from your phone to Mudita via Mudita Center. Here’s how to do it:

1 Like

I have send the logs last night.
And would like to know if there was something to see that explaines the loss of connection while calling.
Today I have the phone 14 days, so I would like to know if there is a chance on improvement or otherwise I have to send it back a.s.a.p.

The lost of connection is due to the antenna modification that the Mudita team did to reduce SAR and EMF. The phone will act like that most likely even after software updates because this is a hardware matter. It’s like the good old days of the iPhone 4 and the metal antenna that was blocked by “holding it wrong.”

Thank you Jose.
To bad it’s not the answer I was hoping for :frowning:

How to procede to send the phone back to Mudita?
I’ll make sure to take care of it tomorrow.

1 Like

You should contact them. Maybe they’ll be able to fix it I. The future, but with the current antenna implementation it’ll be difficult.

1 Like

@abos Send me your phone’s serial number via DM. I will ask our techs directly to look through the logs & see if they were able to determine anything.