Offline Maps and Mudita Pay

Greetings to Mudita Os team and everyone else,
The reason im writing this is becasue the possibility of most your buyers is from EU it should be noted that most of the countries in EU have gone cashless. The people have started to use services like samsung pay and google pay. I suggest that mudita team should also develop similar app and it terms of functionality can be like this that when ever I wanna use the mudita pay the mobile data activate automatically and when im out of program is turns off. So in this way it doesnt require to tun on or off mobil data manually.

It would be also amazing to designe a offline map that allows to download the roadmaps of each country depending where you live and when ever i use this app the GPS turns on and when im out of the app it turns off. In this way Mudita can still be an offline OS and only uses mobile data for these 2 specific apps.

TY for reading and have a nice day!

8 Likes

I generally agree.

I’m not sure it it has this already but a weather app is also hugely important to my work and life.

I understand the mission statement and don’t want to go about adding e-mail/web browser/etc. but nobody gets addicted to weather, GPS, NFC, notes, and group texts! Lol

5 Likes

Offline maps would be really nice. I think it could be a possibility that we could download the map via the desktop app and then download it to the phone.

6 Likes

@forrest Another great idea! Keep 'em coming :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is a super idea! Mudita should look into getting this done.

3 Likes

I love the idea of this phone, but the lack of maps/GPS is what gets me.

3 Likes

There could be a fairly simple solution, maybe something that accesses the Google Maps or preferably citymapper directions and stores it in notes via the desktop app. That way you can still have directions for walking, without coming to rely on them wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

I like the idea, but what would an offline map look like on an B&W 2.8" e-ink screen? Would it even be usable? Even besides the screen size, and lack of color, you’ve got the problem of the e-ink refresh rate limitations, increased battery usage and already limited storage space.

6 Likes

It doesn’t look too bad on a kindle

6 Likes

It would be cool to be able to download a BW map from the Mudita desktop app to the phone as a point of reference. It would sort of be like a paper map, just in e ink.

5 Likes

That doesn’t look too bad. I could deal with a map like this.

4 Likes

I hope that Mudita Team won’t turn the beautiful idea of simplicity and minimalism into another addictive and multi tasking “smartphone” device with M-pay and everything else. Otherwise many of those who are patiently waiting for this “simple phone” with basic features gonna be disappointed…

7 Likes

That Kindle has a LOT MORE display area and pixels than the Pure phone.
So, a tiny map on a phone display would likely be futile.
Let’s keep the phone Pure and simple, as initially introduced.

3 Likes

@elizabeth I agree with you.

1 Like

No. I used Google maps on Nokia 3310 3G (the .jar program) and I use Google maps now on Unihertz Jelly 1 that has 2.4 inch screen. Both maps work perfectly fine. I would not want Google to infiltrate the innocent Pure infrastructure (not that it would ever happen) but I would love Mudita to add OpenStreetMap maps to Pure. In US they build cities too big. Maps are used by people more then phone calls.

2 Likes

It’s amazing to me how many people seem to imagine we were all just in a permanent state of lost or never left our homes or something before smartphones were a thing…

6 Likes

@sleinjinn OMG! I’m in total agreement with you :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for these tips.

1 Like

@alice I agree with this statement. Really not for mobile pay on Pure device. Is it reallly that troubling to carry cards in wallet/pocket? I see only problems/issues arising from this “feature”.

5 Likes

There are SMS services to get directions texted to you, so that one isn’t too big a deal. The pay option might be cool, but… I carry a wallet so there’s limited utility unless it does something similar to Apple Pay and generates a unique ID each time to protect my information. Given how much research and money that would cost to develop, it’s a rather low priority to me. I think that the current feature set of the Mudita is just fine.

4 Likes