New MuditaOS update 1.3.0 has been released!

On Debian 10 with Mudita Center 1.4.2 the update ran without problems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted to share this here too, I just wrote this in my Mudita Pure impressions thread.

6 Likes

@immychann , sorry to hear that. Could you please send logs via Mudita Center and provide here (or in DM) your serial number? I’ll have to take a look at logs from the updater app to see what happened in your case.

1 Like

Already sent the logs I believe, the serial number is 27879650081712

2 Likes

From a thread about MMS capabilities, discussed on this forum previously.

1 Like

Thanks, will dig into it!

1 Like

MMS/SMS handling will be rewritten, but I won’t be so optymistic with MMSes - as I wrote before, they require data connection, so probably we’ll try to handle them somehow without the data, just by distignuishing the message between SMS and MMS. But those are my thoughts right now - it will go through whole dev’s team

2 Likes

Thanks for all the clarification. I believe it would help a lot if at least we could see who sent the MMS (in my case, only appeared squares on the sender part) and ask the person to send it by another channel.

2 Likes

I am glad to hear that the SMS function will be rewritten. Unfortunately, the SMS still often arrive with mixed content. Either from the same sender so that the content is “only” mixed up or text is missing. Or, as was the case a few days ago, the content of two senders was mixed into one SMS.
That’s really not so nice.

2 Likes

it’s a long road… like it my favorite song from Rambo First Blood movie :wink:

1 Like

And i still waiting for update ,who gives my pure battery more day life without charge. 1.3.0 still doesn’t :confounded:

2 Likes

Whilst the 1.3.0 update seems to have brought a fair degree of stability to the phone, sadly i find that it still just isn’t a phone that’s reliably capable of making and receiving phone calls and SMS’s. I’m submitted my fair share of feedback, personally i’ve about exhausted all i’m willing to invest at this point sad face.
Very regretably i’ll be reaching out to support to request a refund.

4 Likes

Is there already an approximate date for the next update?
I really hope for a solution of the SMS problem soon.

2 Likes

as I said, a little sneak peek - MMSes will be distinguished from SMSes - we already have this in tests and it looks promising :wink: It’s not an ideal solution - you’ll see that you’ve received an MMS from a particular number, but without its content - at least you know who tried to send you anything :slight_smile:

4 Likes