New MuditaOS update 1.3.0 has been released!

Let me know if this helped you , otherwise I’ll try to find another workaround

1 Like

It failed with the 1.4.2 daily version :frowning:

I’m going to try again with the alpha but I don’t have much hope for it

1 Like

AFAIK it HAS to be an alpha version :slight_smile:
I was using this one:

EDIT: please also let me know if the update process starts on the phone or it just reboots and boots to the OS. If the update process starts, you should be able to see it on the screen with MuditaOS Update title

1 Like

That’s the version that I tried, still nothing :frowning:

And yeah it does reboot, but it fails on the update screen

1 Like

Going on a camping trip so I’ll have to try to sort this when I get back, still gonna be taking the Pure with me though :wink:

3 Likes

WOW. Finally we get it :smiley: I hope that my pure will be better, especially battery life :upside_down_face: I am downloading and upgrading now.

2 Likes

will it get the phone to start making calls? Because I can do without bluetooth, I just want to be able to call someone. :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve updated, mine. Time will tell if any of the 15+ issues i’ve had are resolved, lets hope so ! :slight_smile:

So far, at least i can receive an SMS from my wife which was an issue in the previous build (all messages i got from my wife showed the same text content).

2 Likes

Also BTW, the update worked well on the Pure handset, however Mudita Center showed it as failing. Mudita Center is wrong though, it never detects my phone unless its plugged in before opening the software, so once the update was complete and the phone rebooted the software simply needed to be closed and re-opened to detect the phone again. I’ve reported this issue in the past to support, and have just reported it again now that i’m on a newer Pure OS and newer Center version.

2 Likes

Call handling has been rewritten, so I hope you’ll get working calls now :wink:

I’ve got an info from Mudita Center Dev Team - you should try with the latest 1.4.2 release:

It should update your phone from RC version to stable on out of the box.
Please let me know if this helps and have a nice trip!

@rumpole Our team is aware of this and they are working to fix this. It happened to me as well. Can you please submit logs to Mudita via Mudita Center & send me the serial number of your phone.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

@Bartosz_sp2fet how about SMS handling being re-written ? Is that still a work in progress ? MMS’s are still not being interpreted / handled acceptably…
I should add though that SMS’s do generally seem to be more stable on the new release. I haven’t had any issues with regular SMS’s since the upgrade.

1 Like

That’s what I thought at first, after the update in the evening, when all the text messages came in cleanly the following day, but then I got another text message yesterday evening where unfortunately the content was a bit mixed up again, or a sentence was missing in the middle.
A few minutes later, however, the Pure went out because the battery was flat. Maybe that was the reason? Somehow the reception seems to go a bit haywire just before the battery runs out.
I will continue to monitor this.
I also find it strange that I can’t make calls via LTE, but that the Pure always switches to 2G after dialling and then also loses 1-2 bars of signal strength.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. After the last update to 1.3.0 version Mudita OS my battery gets one day work more than before. So it’s a long way to one week battery life like Mudita promised me when I want to buy the Mudita Pure phone. I am very curious about your experience with battery life in your pure phones. I am still waiting for possibility buy new battery from Mudita shop. My pure now work only 3 days without charging. I will be glad when pure will be working for one week. Have a nice day or night for everyone🤗

1 Like

That’s the first thing that I tried sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

Just a brief feedback about the update process. It was flawless :+1:

Used current Mudita Center v1.4.2 on Windows 10 Pro and Mudita Pure was on v1.2.1. Mudita Pure had no SIM inside while the update was done, but it was not like I felt this was necessary.

The release notes look promising, the update went well and so I give it another try and use Mudita Pure again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update: tried this update on a Linux machine with the newest version of Mudita Center, still nothing :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that :frowning: Hopyfully, @Bartosz_sp2fet will get back to you on Monday.

1 Like