Music - streaming vs buying

No, with Prime, you can just download them for offline listening. Once you cancel the subscription, you can no longer enjoy the downloaded prime music. But you can download them with Tunelf Amatune Music Converter. Once converted, you can keep the amazon music forever.

2 Likes

I personally prefer to use Amazon Music, and of course, I am also a premium subscriber of Amazon Music. But it is obvious that these songs are protected by DRM, even if I download them, they can only be played through the Amazon Music App. In order to be able to play music on other devices at any time without using the Amazon Music App, I used Amazon Music Converter to remove the DRM of the song and download the song from Amazon Music to the local computer so that I can listen to the song on other devices.

1 Like

What I look for in terms of music, can be provided by some ecouter la radio stations. They are quite interesting for everyone

1 Like

The subscription model has really changed many things, software, music, tv, gaming, audiobooks…
Obviously the consumers are the winners. Content creators, writers, videographers, musicians has always struggled to make ends meet but now its probably more difficult than ever. Back in the day it was the record companies, publishers and movie studios that took most of the earnings (except for the celebs). Now it has shifted to all the streaming companies.
Streaming or buying doesnt matter to me, if there was a way to ensure that the artists got 80%, I would gladly pay for that.

1 Like

I use Deezer for my streaming and love it.

But… buying music :heart: the experience of owning an album on LP is so different. You don’t skip songs, you think about it and the lyrics and you have a totally different buying experience. One thing which hasn’t been discussed is a lot of records come with download codes. My record player also comes with a USB so you can record albums straight to a computer. As someone who has a large collection of records I’ll be doing that when I get my Mudita :smiley:

2 Likes

@John_Andersson Same!

1 Like

Converting apple music to mp3 is a good method! You can try DumpMedia Apple Music Converter. You can use it to convert and save the DRM-protected M4P songs, albums, playlists to common audio files such as MP3.

2 Likes

I really like streaming just because it helps discover new music. But I am considering keeping my Tidal subscription for the PC and HiFi system at home & buying the albums I like the most to carry around… :slight_smile: However I don’t really listen to music much on the go; I think it also takes away a bit from “being in the moment” which Mudita promotes. Though for me it’s mostly about the audio quality & experience that’s not so great with headphones compared to speakers.

1 Like

Thank you. This method is good. I use AMusicSoft Apple Music Converter. It is useful to convert apple music to mp3.

1 Like

I use Open Source project fre:ac https://github.com/enzo1982/freac for audio conversion. I have about 80GB of bought music in a mixture of original codecs.

Would love if the Mudita Pure could compete with my LG G8X’s Quad DAC. With no microSD and probably nowhere near as good of a DAC I have purchased a Fiio M5 to be my standalone audio player when I start using my Mudita Pure.

2 Likes

live streaming is better because you do not need to spend money. i used Musconv to transfer my playlist.

1 Like

try this to transfer music Musconv

1 Like

I still have my CDs and just bought another one online 2 days ago. I have my ipod mini docked on my Altec (?) speakers and use it as an alarm clock and sleep timer. I have a CD player in the living room but unfortunately, the radio doesn’t work. In my car, I downloaded songs via CDs. I like to look at the jackets…

2 Likes

@Joyce I prefer vinyl records. We have quite a large collection.

3 Likes

Analog records are the best in many ways, starting with physical contact with the record, taking care of them and of the turntable, being able to just stare at the spinning black (and not only black) beauty and contemplate with the warm, unprocessed sound…
Unfortunately, I’ve broken my turntable’s stylus a few days ago so I have mandatory detox from the analog music, but the new one is on the way!

3 Likes

Now is the age of streaming. I think subscription streaming is more convenient and cost-effective than buying songs. We can search, discover and streaming millions of songs on streaming music platforms, or even create our playlists. With a subscription, we can download music to listen to offline. For me, I stream music on Amazon Music using a Prime account. But the restrictions is that I can’t transfer Amazon Music to MP3 player until I met UkeySoft Amazon Music Converter. It helps me download and convert all songs from Amazon Music to MP3 files on my computer with high quality. Then I could transfer the songs to any devices. Recommend.

1 Like

Hi, if you just want DRM-free music files, then I recommend using the corresponding music converter. Personally, I’m a loyal fan of Amazon Music. In the past, I have shelled out of fortune on digital music. But it is too expensive for a whole album or a lot of songs. So under my friend’s recommendation, I choose ViWizard Amazon Music converter to download songs from Amazon Music. Amazingly, all songs from this tool are saved to my computer in MP3 formats! Same as digital music but cheaper!

2 Likes

I wonder if those converters work for audiobooks? Does anyone know?

1 Like

If you are a fan of Apple Music and want to remove DRM protection, you can use the
ViWizard Audio Converter, which can convert audio files at 30 times the speed while maintaining the original quality. Your hundreds of albums can also be quickly downloaded.
apple-select-output-format

1 Like

Yes. Do you mean Audible books or iTunes audiobooks? Well, there is a tool called Tunelf Audio Converter that can do this. Simply download and convert audiobooks to widely-used audio formats like MP3. You can upload or transfer them to an MP3 player or any other device for listening too.

1 Like