Mudita pure round 2

Just got the phone and I popped my wife’s sim card in and the phone works perfectly so far. I have only tested it for phone calls. But the first time I got the phone and I was on Freedom the reception was not as good as this time with Virgin. I got 3.5 bars where as before I would have a single bar before it went dark with no reception. Virgin mobile is defintely better. I will get back another review for texting if it goes in and out. My wife is deciding between the light phone and the Mudita. I secretly hope she chooses the light phone lol

Just need it to be able to send outbound and recieve inbound and then I would use this phone. Fingers crossed it works and my wife prefers the light phone lol

1 Like

Went to send a text to my wife and it did not go through. This is the frustration. Last provider calls worked…texts did but the phone would disconnect constantly. Now with Virgin mobile the phone is connected perfectly but I can’t send a text…so frustrating.

1 Like

I can get texts right now but they don’t send out. Basically everything I need to use this phone but it does not send out texts. My wife is going for the light phone so I got to make a decision I keep this phone on the virgin mobile network which is very strong so far. Phone over 30 mins has not lost connection once. Option 2 is I go back to freedom mobile where I know everything works, calls texts etc but the reception is not as great. Now I think from what I remember the disconnecting issues was only when I was in the house. It was only when I took the phone on a trip a lot more north to where I live that is where I had the issues staying connected while I was out side. But how often am I going to be that far out where freedom mobile reception is crap. After having this phone again in my hand I know this is the phone I want, just need to figure out what option I am going to take here

1 Like

I remember a person on here saying fido worked for calls texts etc so my parents are on fido I am testing their sims out tonight, but man is the phone reception ever AMAZING on the bell network. I have had 2 flawless calls. For freedom the sound quality was average with vigrin mobile it was 10 out of 10. Hopefully fido works out

1 Like

And this is why the phone is a lot of trial and error. Alpha/Beta testing. While some of us may be willing to do this, I know there is a segment of the population that just wants the phone to work and will not tolerate this behaviour. I hope 1.4 brings more improvements and stability soon.

2 Likes

@cardio79 Restart the phone. It seems to do the trick in some cases.

That would be annoying to constantly have to that to send texts lol

1 Like

@cardio79 Just one restart should be enough. It’s just to re-connect the phone with the network. Sometime when just pop the card in, it doesn’t fully connect. That’s why I responded to the message where you were not able to send text messages. But I see the problem worked itself out.

No need! Just switched to Fido and the phone works FLAWLESSLY. I have used it all morning. Did not disconnect at all 3 bars consistently I can text in and out. Very happy!

2 Likes

I did have my first disconnection. It lasted under 2 mins. I did reset the phone. But I don’t mind, as long as its not for sustain periods of time its no biggy. Plus this was inside the outside. I will test it outside the house today when I drop my kids off at karate but I am happy with the call quality and overall experience compared to the freedom network which was not freedom but hell lol

1 Like

I am having issues with inbound calls. I am not getting them. It may have to do with the fact fido messed up my voicemail. I am unable to check voice mail it does not recognize me as having a number with Fido…strange cause I can dial out. Will sort it out tomorrow, honestly I have went through the ringer trying to get this phone to work lol…

1 Like

Basically you can ignore what I said about Fido being the best option. I slipped the sim into my nokia dumbphone and it recieved calls. The mudita does not take incoming calls. My son tried to reach me from karate and could not. Luckily he texted me. I basically have to make a choice and thats go back to freedom. But come to think about it I don’t remember if I could take calls. Honestly every time I think I can use the phone I can’t. I have spend over a hundred dollars in just switching providers…sigh

1 Like

Alright this is just funny now. So i took the sim out of the nokia put it back into the mudita. I used my sons phone to call the mudita and this time it worked??? I am beyond confused. The phones were right beside each other not sure that made the difference but I am still in the same situation, the reliability of the phone. I am going to keep testing incoming calls.

1 Like

Yup as expected it is hit and miss. When I dial to the mudita from my sons phone I actually see the connection on the mudita die

1 Like

I could test out the freedom sim again. I just have to activate it. It would end my fido contract. BUt I am hesistate because I do not remember if I could get incoming calls consistently on the mudita. Also found out the fido sim does not work on the light phone so I have to leave the provider regardless because if I return the mudita than I would have to order another light phone and it does not work on fido. I need to write a book about my ordeal getting this phone to work lol

1 Like

I tested another call and it went through but when I ended it on the mudita the incoming kept vibrating it would not stop vibrating and I had ended the call on my sons phone,even when I turned the phone off it kept vibrating…that was really really weird…yeah I am in a pickle…I know if I switch to freedom right now I willl most likely have the same issues, best bet is go back to light phone and go on the bell network. But I do remember a guy on here saying freedom had settled down for him and it was working so here we go I am giving it a shot…fingers crossed this works . Mudita I am fighting for you lol

1 Like

Yup I have learned this the hard way. I am going back to the light phone and leaving fido. It has the same issues as Freedom plus you cannot take calls in the basement. I am done with this phone. I just do not have the strenght anymore

1 Like

I did see a possible fix. So my son’s number in the contacts in the mudita is listed with a +1 in front of the number. So I deleted that 1 because it does not need to be there because we are in the same area. So far since doing that it seems to have fixed the issue. What I am going to try now for the rest day is I am filling out a bunch of contact us cards from a vareity of business so they can call my number…going to run this test for the day then see what happens. Ultimately I am think, I can call out (noticed even when there are no bars) and I got multiple calls from my sons phone while testing (again with no bars) so maybe I have found a fix…we shall see

1 Like

Seem to have fixed it so far fingers crossed. Had a friend call me (another person listed with a 1 in front of their number) deleted the 1 and he said he could here the phone dialing it did not go to voicemail and I could hear the call…may be some life in my journey left! lol

1 Like

Glad to hear there is some solution. But this is a lot to go through for a general user just to make a phone call. I hope that 1.4 fixes all of these things and we can just put a SIM inside and it works.

1 Like