Mudita pure review

I am going to get right to the point. In my 4 days using the device overall I would say the experience has been frustrating. I was able to get the phone to text and call but I had to go through 3 providers and I am still having issues on freedom mobile, issues I never had with the LP2 and Punkt. Connection goes in an out and it makes the phone unreliable in an emergency. After you turn the phone on sometimes its ready to use but other times like 10 mins ago it takes forever for the phone to connect so if you need to make a call you will have to wait awhile.

I am going to be patient because I love the look and feel the phone, but it has as I said a very frustrating experience. I am stuck with the phone because I scratched the back of the phone with my keys so I know I have no chance of being able to return it. I am considering switching to bell and give it a shot to see if the experience is more consistent that would be my 4th provider. I have spend already 60 dollars trying to get the device to work on a network… As I am writing this the phone has finally been able to make a call. Once the phone is connected the call quality is fine and I am able to clearly hear people.

I know this has nothing to do with Freedom because I have used them before and I never had connection issues. I cannot use the phone in the basement at all there is no connection, again I never had these issues with the Lp2 or punkt.

I do love this phone as I have said I am willing to be patient to see if improvements happen from Mudita’s end

2 Likes

Just to be specific the network reliability inside the house is spotty…when I am outside in my city there seems to be no issue. I would trust the phone in more remote rural areas I went away for the weekend with my family and the phone was not reliable so if you ever go on a trip I would not take this phone, but again I can just speak to its use specifically in my region of Canada. Overall my love for the phone is what keeps me dedicated to it. As I am writing this phone is connected now and I am able to take and send out texts as well as make calls

2 Likes

But I am believe it or not considering another sim switch lol. To bell only because I have used it in the past for almost a decade and it was beyond reliable never gave me issues. So I am thinking about rolling the device. Worst case scenario I come back to Freedom

2 Likes

Also looks like Telus may be an option too. At this point I just want to be able make calls after the phone boots up. But its hard to tell is it the phone or the network?

1 Like

Let me tell you. It’s not the network :rofl:

2 Likes

Really eh…so you are saying if I go to bell network it will not be any better than my experience with freedom? and in fact could be worse? Right now the phone is working perfectly

1 Like

What I am saying is that the Low SAR modem is made in such a way that it will not yield reliable results. Every area, town, house, etc will be different because that’s how the modem was modified. It’s made to mitigate the SAR values, which vary from reception area to reception area.

2 Likes

Any chance that this can be fixed? I am not a techy person but how can they solve any of these issues without making new phones? Other thing I am noticing is certain contacts of mine when I text them it fails. While other contacts there are no issues. Why does that happen?

2 Likes

Can it be fixed? Well… It could be. The reality is that given this is a modem issue, the phone can be updated and optimized but it will have issues still. I cannot see a 100% resolution on this issue, but more like a 75% resolution.

3 Likes

Hope is hope…I will take 75% lol

Also when I make a call 3g pops up…3g ends in canada in 2025 does that mean I can only use the phone till then? Which is fine because I have never held on to a phone that long. Also the more and more I see the white Lp2 the more I am tempted…sometimes i do miss how easily that phone fit into the pocket and never felt like it was there

1 Like

Technically the Mudita Pure is an LTE device. It should work beyond 2025. The issue is as to whether the modem will connect to LTE reliably. If it does, then yes it will work. If it doesn’t, then yeah you won’t get reliable service.

2 Likes

Its interesting now since the morning the phone has been very reliable…seems like it has good days and bad days lol

2 Likes

No phone (especially dumb one) is worth your mental health. Unreliable network connectivity would be a huge no-go for me in any case / price-quality ratio / whatever…

3 Likes

@cardio79 Sometimes it takes a bit for Mudita Pure to get situated on a network in a certain area. I’m on PLAY Mobile in Warsaw & I am currently on the 3rd floor of a brick & concrete building. Consistently 3 Bars- when I go outside 4 bars. But I have to be honest, it wasn’t always this way. There was a moment where it all seemed to fall into place & POW it’s working like magic.

So maybe there is some AI built in, it just needs to learn how to negotiate connection with local provider :thinking:

2 Likes

Yup it has settled down quite a bit. I have had zero connection issues text wise. I find with the calls though sometimes you call…and it shows the phone as dialing but you don’t hear the dial tone but like 1-2 mins later the phone connects

@sim8500 Maybe it’s little gnomes working inside.

hahahahah…how much do they get an hour? Internship?

1 Like

@cardio79 It’s an unpaid internship LOL