Mudita pure APN settings not saved

It seems that APN settings in mudita pure are not saved
I click save and they appear to be saved but when I check later on the settings are empty again and I have to add them . They get lost all the item .

1 Like

In the menu where the ims is displayed, you have to press the control cursor to the left. Then you can create new APN settings and save them. However, this has never made a difference for me.

2 Likes

Yeah i did that. When you check later after a couple of hours or even with a restart , the apn you have created is there but when you open it whatever information you put inside its gone. Its just an empty default apn

2 Likes

APN (Access Point Name) settings are used by mobile devices to primarily connect to the internet. They are also used to send & receive MMS messages. Since Mudita Pure is an intentionally OFFLINE phone, and the phone only uses data when tethering, APN setting have no impact on regular cellphone service for phone calls and text messages. In essence, APN settings act as a bridge between the cellular network and the internet, allowing mobile devices to access online services. However, since Mudita Pure does not have any online services, the APN settings are not used.

2 Likes

Thank you Urszula, for the explanation :slight_smile:

Thanks for the explanation but arent the APN settings used when you tether your pure with a pc ?

1 Like

@shak in case of tethering, Mudita Pure will automatically fetch and configure these settings, but only in some rare cases, manual input might be required.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the info. I wll remove in this case my manual settings since they are not being used

1 Like