Mudita Harmony mp3?

Hi - I bought the harmony last year with the assumption all features were included on release date. Found out in march there were some last bugs to fix before mp3’s would be supported. Now half a year later, still no possibility for mp3’s. What is the reason for this? Will this ever be an option or was it just a way to sell more products?

4 Likes

Hope some nice mp3 player c an be implemented in both Harmony and Pure

4 Likes

@jamienigel Thanks for the feedback. We discussed this issue previously on the forum. When we initially were getting ready to ship Mudita Harmony, we knew that we were experiencing some bugs in the area of audio content uploading. It’s not just a Mudita Harmony issue, it’s also a Mudita Center issue and they have to work together to make this happen. Our team is working on this & it will be implemented in a future update.
Earlier this year, we posed this question to our community & the majority of people wanted the device to be shipped & the additional feature implemented later. That’s why we made the decision to ship them out.

5 Likes

hello @jamienigel thank you for highlighting this important issue for you. It’s been brought up several times on different occasion but i’ve recently posted a more detailed answer in this thread. Hope this reply will help

4 Likes

When looking at the upcoming release notes for the mudita harmony, I believe the functionality of adding mp3s is not your highest priority. Actually, you are still adverting this product with that feature being part of the product that people will buy… why? Do you not understand this is false advertising and you will have disappointed customers when they receive the product if they expect this feature to be there. Let alone all customers whom already bought the product…?

2 Likes

@jamienigel Are these the release notes that you are referring to?

1 Like

@jamienigel this is the reason I am not buying a Mudita Harmony right now. I don’t want to spend that money not to be able to use all the functions described. The Bell will do just fine for me right now until the software is all sorted out. I honestly can’t believe it’s taking this long to get this feature implemented. I get the limitations and the work involved with programing, but it I agree with you- it seems that the team is implementing everything BUT what was originally described for the Mudita Harmony. At least the Bell is what it is and doesn’t need anything extra to make it work. You get what you pay for.

2 Likes

They are indeed.

1 Like

@urszula You started the whole problem yourself 2 years ago by misleading everybody with your false advertising:

The right thing to do would be to refund all your customers or sent them a fully working and including all features version of the new mudita Harmony.
The ignorance has to stop now!

This aged well… currently on version 1.9.0. None of the promised features. Didn’t you mention it was the highest priority?
It seems creating new products is your highest priority with the Mudity Harmony 2.0 coming up.
Rediculous really!

1 Like

@jamienigel
I’ve addressed your comment in a different post. Not sure if you had a chance to read it.

2 Likes

Hi @urszula when are you planning to introduce this feature? I have been told (in a private e-mail conversation) it was about to happen in Feb this year. I’m a bit frustrated with this bc it’s a feature that has been widely advertised last year and I have been waiting for it for almost half a year… Can you make it a priority? Instead of launching a new colours could you please focus on what you have promised your customer last year?

4 Likes

@martas Yes, we were originally planning on releasing this feature much earlier. However, during testing, we experienced some issues which required further work. Taking into consideration our experience with Mudita Pure, and how many users didn’t feel the features of the phone were ready for prime-time when they first came out, we wanted to make sure everything worked as it was supposed before launching the feature. As you know, this Mudita Harmony feature is supposed to work with Mudita Center, so we are synchronizing two custom programs to work together, which can sometimes be challenging. We are almost there. It shouldn’t be much longer.

2 Likes

Honestly, our feedback is falling on deaf ears and it’s like listening to a broken record when they reply. In fact if you wanted to listen to your own music, we would have been better off buying record players - at least they play your own music… as advertised. The single, sole reason I purchased this product was to have my own sound on it. Now they are launching new hardware without giving you the features that they advertised.

Priority??? if it was a priority, then the whole team would be working on it and not worrying about launching a mark 2.

2 Likes

Best we can do at this point is spread the word on forums and prevent more people falling for the false advertising…

1 Like

I urge all dissapointed users like me to spread the word (I created a post on reddit: Reddit - Dive into anything) to prevent other potential customers to loose there money in the new kickstarter for version 2.