Mudita Bell vs Mudita Harmony

Hi, I don’t have sensitive hearing… but yes, my partner hears it also (only in quiet of night). It’s audible from the other side of the room.

2 Likes

@tivan Thank you for letting us know. I will pass this on to the product lead.

Both clocks transmit peace, and their simplicity makes each one unique.

I’m happy with the Harmony, no problems at all.

About the Bell, I’m having a strange issue. The clock itself works perfectly, but sometimes the alarm doesn’t. The light does not turn on either. I have to put it to charge, and I need to do a reset factory. It is the second time I need to do it. I believe that it is not a low battery problem because I’ve charged it all day. I’m unsure what it may be since the analog does not give information. :slight_smile:

Is it a known issue for you?

2 Likes

@roberto We’ve had some reports of this & a soft reset seems to solve this issue.

1 Like

hello @roberto thank you for sharing this with us, i’m sorry you’ve been facing some issues with the alarm. I’d like to share with you few things that might seem obvious but also might be the cause of the alarm not switching on. Firstly, always make sure to deep press the main know so that the orange strap is visible, this is essential for the alarm to switch on. We designed the alarm to start very slow and quiet. This is why sometimes you can’t hear it right after it goes off. It needs time to turn the sound up, especially when you put it on very low volume. You can double check in you settings if the volume is not too low. Also, the light might not turn off if it’s switched off in settings. I’d recommend to double check the settings and wait up to 1-2 minutes after alarm should went off to be sure we have a bug there. There is a chance you could notice the alarm in the later phase with higher volume up but when you check it up it earlier it seems like it didn’t switch on. This is why I’d double check the settings to be sure. I hope some of these tips will be helpful you you’ll be able to solve this issue with small settings adjustments. If not, don’t hesitate to reach us at support@mudita.com and we’ll be able to directly help you with it step by step.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply. I did two factory resets, and it seems to work well now.

About the light, I’m sorry if I didn’t explain it clearly. The light didn’t work when I clicked on the light button. The alarm didn’t work either. For now, all good. :slight_smile:

EDIT: The problem is back. After several tests, the light doesn’t work when I click on it, and the alarm does not work. I’ve contacted support. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just ordered mine. I want tech out of my bedroom as well so this is the reason I got it. I love the way it looks as well. Excited to use it!

2 Likes

@cardio79 AWESOME!

I ordered the Mudita Bell two days ago and it arrived today. I haven’t been woken up by my mobile phone for a long time, but by an analogue alarm clock from Braun, but the annoying, harsh ringtone has been bugging me for a long time. After listening to the sounds of the Mudita Bell on YouTube and being so enthusiastic about the ringtones of the Pure (I was particularly taken with Koshi), I thought I simply had to order the Bell.
The alarm clock arrived today, was well and safely packaged and the product packaging is, as with the pure, beautifully simple and appeals to me.
At the moment, the alarm clock is charging and I have studied the instructions on the Mudita homepage and am looking forward to being woken up by it tomorrow :slight_smile:
A report will follow.

Thanks again to Mudita for the great minimalist products. The “offline life” is so good and I feel so many changes.
Please keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good morning,
so what I can say after the first use is that the alarm clock is not audible when it is next to the bed :slight_smile:
I am very sensitive to noise, and even though I like the ticking of clocks, the ticking of the Braun alarm clock in my bedroom has always disturbed me. The Mudita Bell doesn’t have any ticking but only a very quiet continuous running noise of the movement, which I really only hear when I hold the alarm clock directly to my ear.
A few centimetres away from me on the bedside table, there is no sound. Very nice.

Setting the ringtone, volume, etc. was very easy. And I was woken up nice and gently this morning by the sounds of nature and birds chirping. Perfect :slight_smile:
Thank you Mudita!

3 Likes

Mudita Bell tends to get a bit noisier (I mean sounds of clock mechanism) from time to time but it’s really quiet most times.

This is exactly how it is for me. I actually thought it was broken when I first got mine because it was so quiet.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly how I felt. I thought the battery was empty until I noticed that the hands were moving :slight_smile:
I am really very satisfied and it is a nice gentle wake up.
Since the weekend, I’ve also had a morning routine that I want to do regularly. I let the Mudita Bell wake me up at 6 a.m., then go to the bathroom to wash up, then prepare a matcha tea in peace and quiet, take it out onto the balcony, drink it in peace and quiet and then meditate. Then I do some yoga and/or strength exercises, read a bit and enjoy the peace and quiet and the view of nature from the balcony, and then slowly get ready for work.

Before, I always got up as late as possible to sleep longer and arrived at work stressed. Now I just go to bed earlier, get up earlier and start the day relaxed.
Mudita has set a lot of changes in motion for me and I am very grateful for that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@marko We’re so happy that you made Mudita part of your journey. I really started putting sleep & my morning/evening routine at the forefront of my self-care routine when the pandemic started. I have to tell you, the difference it has made in my overall health & well-being is sooooooooooo noticeable! I could never go back to skimping on sleep.

1 Like

Ditto. Now, if I could just get rid of the annual switch to(/from) Daylight Saving Time (DST/“Summer Time”)! I started to pay attention to the negative effect of this annual switch after attending a seminar in which a sleep researcher presented several the problems that occur with the annual forwarding of clocks by one hour. For example, there is something like a 10% rise in car accidents in the USA each year in the week following the DST-driven forwarding of clocks, relative to the week before the forwarding.

2 Likes

The adverse effects you mentioned make all the sense. We have “Summer Time” in Europe too. The European Parliament discussed finishing it, but there was no consensus. I also would be happy without the hour changing as now.

2 Likes

@urszula, regarding the “EDIT” on my comment: Mudita Bell vs Mudita Harmony - #27 by roberto

I don’t know what creates it. I need to do a reset all the time. Everything works well a couple of times, and without reason, the light button does not work anymore, and the alarm does not activate even if the alarm pointer makes the “click sound” in the selected hour.

I contacted support last week, and I’m waiting for a possible replacement. With the harmony, all perfect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@roberto Our customer service is on it. Robert will take care of you :smiley:

2 Likes

In addition, I would like to refer to this thread: Mudita Bell and Mudita Harmony Feedback and Suggestions

2 Likes

@ziggy Thanks :slight_smile: