Mudita Bell vs Mudita Harmony

I received my Mudita Bell before Christmas & started using it right away. I have to say I REALLY LOVE IT!
Last week, I switched & started testing Mudita Harmony. I’ve been using it for about a week now.
Here are my thoughts.
I love the LOOK of both clocks. The simplicity of the form & the color is super calming. Both look good on the bedside table. The speaker is really solid in both devices & the battery lasts a long time. I charged Mudita Bell once since Christmas & so far I’ve only charged Mudita Harmony once, since last WED.
I can see why some people might have some difficulty with the knobs/buttons, but it will become second nature after some time. I promise.
I love the simplicity of Mudita Bell. It does one thing & one thing only. It wakes me up & eliminates unnecessary tech from the bedroom. I like how it lights up before the alarm goes off & there are a lot of unique sounds to choose from- from melodies to nature sounds.
It also has a snooze function (which I really like)
One thing that I really like is the fact that you have to be mindful about setting the alarm. Since it’s a quartz on a 12h format, you have to make sure you set the alarm when you get to bed.
The alarm clock is virtually silent. There’s no audible ticking (tick, tick of the hands) that I can hear while the alarm clock is on my night stand. At first, I thought it wasn’t working. :blush: If you hold the clock right up to your ear, you can faintly hear something working inside. But to the “naked ear” it’s not noticeable.
Now, on to Mudita Harmony:
I was really excited to try this clock because it’s e Ink, it’s got neat features like the bedtime reminder, a nap timer (I’m a HUGE fan of naps). meditation timer & the ability to upload your own sounds to the sound library.
After a week of using Mudita Harmony, I have to say that I like Mudita Bell better.
Here’s why:
I’m already very mindful about my sleep hygiene. I’ve been for years. I keep a consistent sleep schedule, even on the weekends, I don’t use electronics in my bedroom & I generally prefer a very simple, quiet, offline bedtime routine.
Mudita Harmony can help people establish healthy sleep habits- mine are pretty much set. I didn’t use the bedtime reminder at all. I did like the power nap timer- that was pretty sweet :smiley:
I don’t like background/white noise when falling asleep. I prefer to fall asleep to silence.
The meditation timer was nice, but I don’t meditate at night. I like doing it in the morning (I use Mudita Pure’s mediation timer) & I prefer “walking meditation.”
Overall, both devices are really nice, but I think Mudita Bell :alarm_clock: stole my heart. :heart:

6 Likes

The reason I also ordered the Harmony is because of this. Sometimes I like to listen to easy music for a while. How does this work. Can I upload music and can those be played in sequence or in random order? Or can you only choose one music/sound file?

2 Likes

@marc67 I’m gonna test this out. I haven’t gotten that far yet. There are some pre-recorded background sounds & white noise files because people have told us they like this as part of their bedtime routine. You can set a timer for the pre-installed sounds. They can play for up to 90min. Or continuously. I haven’t uploaded any files yet because that feature is still being ironed out in the OS & will be available with a new update.

2 Likes

Do you need to set the alarm each night or can you set it to a set time and it will go off each morning?

2 Likes

This has been quite helpful in answering one of my questions. I’m glad to know that I can add my healing frequency sounds on the Harmony and have it continuously play throughout my sleep cycle. Is the backlight always on with the Harmony?

2 Likes

@oaktree You have to be mindful and press that button each night. Since it’s a classic 12 hour clock, if you just leave it on, and let’s say you wake up at 7am every day, then it will also ring at 7PM. Since it’s a classic, analog 12HR format, there is not distinction between night & day in Mudita Bell. With Mudita Harmony- since it’s digital, when you set up your alarm clock, you get to choose whether you want a 24H format or a 12HR(AM/PM) format.

@skilletsauce you can have the backlight on if you want, but I need complete darkness.

2 Likes

So do I! I was concerned that if the sounds were playing the light would be on all night and that would be a no go for me. Thank you for your response.

3 Likes

I have a question about shipping (I hope it’s not deemed nonsensical). I have previously pre-ordered the Harmony but I was thinking of ordering the Bell as well; If I order the Bell now is it possible for it to be placed on the order of the Harmony when that ships ? Or will I need to pay for shipping separately? I don’t mind waiting in order to get them both at the same time if that would impact the shipping cost in my favor.

2 Likes

We’re preparing to start shipping Mudita Harmony next week. Who’s excited about it?

9 Likes

Now that’s the best news I’ve heard all day! I’m so anxious to try out both the Bell and the Harmony.

3 Likes

@skilletsauce, I think you’ll be happy with the products.

1 Like

Who else is waiting for Harmony?

3 Likes

I am waiting for the harmony. I am SO excited. I have been checking the Mudita Forum like every day for the past 2 months with my fingers crossed waiting for more updates on the shipments. I would say I am most excited for the meditation timer that is something I have wanted to incorporate into my life for a time now and when I get that clock I plan on starting. Thank you!

4 Likes

@jknighter6 All orders will be shipped out next week, starting on Monday. Are you in the EU or North America? Shipping across the pond takes a little longer :smiley:

1 Like

I am across the Atlantic pond in Virginia!

3 Likes

I am, and you are guilty of my phone being on all night (even on flight mode) during the week. :grin:

3 Likes

I am waiting for the Harmony and its many benefits over my current favorite, a Braun Classic Travel Analogue Clock, which I’ll move into my office when the Harmony arrives.

5 Likes

FedEx emailed to me today a tracking update about a shipment from Mudita. What’s in the package will be a surprise – Yay! – because we cannot for now look up Purchase Order Numbers (due to Mudita shifting to new software). I’m guessing that it could be the Harmony, but don’t spoil the surprise for me, @urszula! :innocent:

5 Likes

The bell is a beautiful clean design. My partner and I are very happy with them. The design is nice and the alarm sounds fantastic. I still don’t understand why so many alarms only have harsh sounds! The bells alarms facilitate a gentle waking up.However, Unlike urszula, ours are not silent. Mine in particular I can hear the mechanisms in the quiet of night even when it’s 1-2 metres away from my head. That’s my only gripe.

2 Likes