Harmony Screen Freezing

My Mudita Harmony’s screen has ‘frozen’ three times in less than a week since I upgraded the Harmony from MuditaOS 1.5.1 to MuditaOS 1.6.0.

By ‘freezing’ I mean that the Harmony gets stuck on whatever the time is at the time that it freezes.

For example, it froze for the third time on Saturday, 13 August, at 4:23 PM Central Daylight Time (USA) with 100% charge showing in the time-plus-charge mode of the display.

The center button was down (alarm disabled) when it froze, and I have NOT pressed any buttons since it froze. (I have a backup alarm clock to use meanwhile.)

I know that I can go through various button-press combinations to un-freeze my Harmony, but I am leaving it in this frozen state until you tell me what you want me to do so as to send you a log about its frozen state.

Please let me know the precise steps that you want me to take to record to a log (somehow) what is wrong in the MuditaOS 1.6.0 code. (For example, I do not know whether you want me to un-freeze it on my own BEFORE creating a log OR you want me to try to generate a log while it is in its frozen state.)

I’ll then send log to you.

If you believe that you cannot eliminate this freezing problem with my Harmony, then please let me know how to request a refund. Thank you!

1 Like

@urszula, I posted the above here because (a) I often wait many days for a reply from support@mudita.com and (b) there may be other Harmony owners who also have seen their screens frozen and are unsure what to do next. Thank you!

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd Thank you for the thorough explanation of what’s happening. I’ve escalated the issue with the devs.
Just to be clear, you’ve had no issue with the device prior to this newest update?
I remember in the beginning you did report some freezing in the middle of the night, but that issue was resolved, correct? This is something brand new?

1 Like

@urszula, you’re welcome. Thank you. I have had no issue with the device for several months until the update to MuditaOS1.6.0. The device froze once in the middle of the night long ago, but that issue was resolved.

So, yes, these three freezes in less than a week are something brand new – apparently triggered by the update from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0.

2 Likes

Any news, @urszula? I still have my Harmony in ‘frozen’ mode, awaiting your developers’ precise steps for how they prefer that I record to a log. (See first post.)

@urszula, given that we still know nothing from the developers, I would like to return my Harmony for repair or replacement or refund.

I have kept my Harmony in its frozen-screen mode and on USB charging, so it still shows “4:23” (PM) from last Saturday, 13 August.

When you read this, could you please let me know how to return my Harmony? I still have the original box. Thank you.

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd Sorry for the late reply. After discussing this with our team, we would like you to try one more thing before you send the device back to us.
Our team asked that you try to charge Mudita Harmony with a charger that’s at least 5V. These are the ones that are marked “fast chargers.” If that doesn’t work., we would definitely like to get your Harmony back from you so we can look into this further and get you a replacement.

I hope it works. Robert (an extremely helpful person) also wrote that to me in the issue I reported here: Mudita Bell vs Mudita Harmony - #39 by roberto.

Unfortunately, the problem went back as usual, and I’m waiting for his answer to send it back for a possible repair or (preferably) replacement.

1 Like

It is connected to a 5V charger. Please arrange for a replacement. Thank you!

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd I’m taking care of it. Robert from Customer Service will get you a label for the warranty return & we’ll send out a new clock. I’ll send you a DM with tracking once I know everything is done.

1 Like

@urszula, would you be so kind as to check if I get an answer from Robert?

1 Like

@roberto He’s getting you a label today :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you @urszula. :pray: I’m already in contact with him.

1 Like

@roberto Great! I’m glad that it’s taken care of.

1 Like