Mudita Bell: no backlight, no sounds

I noticed that for some time my Mudita Bell does not backlight the dial and does not play any melody. I tried performing a factory reset, but nothing helped.

The mechanism of Mudita Bell itself works properly - it shows the time well.

2 Likes

What is the battery status? Is it fully charged?

how to check it?
I charged the battery of Bell around 2-3 h.

1 Like

To check the battery status on the Bell, you do a light-click-and-hold for 2 seconds. The problem is that it responds with sound and flashing light indicators of the battery status, which might not work since you are having issues with the backlight and speaker :expressionless: . The Bell intentionally disables the backlight and only shows the time if the battery drops below 5%. You might want to try a different charger, as the Bell requires a 5V USB port - it’s possible you had it plugged up to a charger with a different voltage and it wasn’t actually charging. FYI, all of the above info comes from this support article:

1 Like

The backlight and speaker are “dead”… Now I connected the clock to the iPad charger.

1 Like

Every Apple USB charger that I know of outputs 5 volts, so that is a good one to try. If that doesn’t work, I would get in touch with Mudita Support via email to support@mudita.com and see if they can help further.

1 Like

This happened to me exactly a lot of times so eventually I returned the phone, it is a shame because I really loved it. Because of that experience I am hesitant to buy the bell again and try the Harmony. My son really loved it and asks me if we are getting it again lol

1 Like

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, it happens to me very often.

Unfortunately in this deadlock the alarm clock does not work. It has happened to me several times that I am late for work, now I am forced to keep my mobile phone close by as an alarm clock. I can’t be there all the time to check whether the alarm clock is stuck or not.

The problem is solved with a reset but it doesn’t do much good, the problem occurs again after a few days, so I’m always setting the ringtone all over again.

I have already written to customer service a fortnight ago, unfortunately I have not heard anything yet.

2 Likes

In my case, even a reset doesn’t help.

1 Like

@wojtekadams Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry that you’re experiencing issues with your Mudita Bell. What happens to the device once you plug it in? Is there any sound indications that it’s charging?
Like this:

https://youtube.com/shorts/LLIFD1fGtDU

1 Like

@urszula Nothing is happening. No light, no sound, but I saw increased current draw on the charger, so it can charge the battery.

1 Like

@wojtekadams Have you contacted our customer service?

@urszula not yet

1 Like

@wojtekadams Please contact our customer support: support@mudita.com
They will help you resolve this quickly.

1 Like