Look at this (what's in the basked for next Mudita Pure release)

Mudita Pure change log on Github appears constantly updated.

Thus, below a list of scheduled changes as of April 23, 2023, which should be available for the release following the current one, v1.7.0. An entry for the next scheduled release is currently pending in Mudita Pure Software Release Notes on Mudita Support page.

I feel these deserve a kind of “looking forward” shout out :yum:

Added

• Added input mode selection display timeout
  • Added MMI/USSD code confirmation
  • Added VoLTE support in Poland, Germany, Denmark, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Canada and Austria

Changed / Improved

• Replaced English labels occuring in French translation with French ones
  • Added new field to deviceInfo endpoint
  • Made EULA window scroll by a few lines at once
  • Updated Bluetooth stack
  • Unified GUI flow for adding contact with number already present in another contact
  • Decrease critical battery level from 10% to 5%
  • Optimized E-Ink energy consumption

Fixed

• Fixed wrong USSD flow when user closed USSD popup with back button
  • Fixed broken abbreviating of multiline text messages content in deletion window
  • Fixed misleading labels in the Phonebook application when using search engine
  • Fixed text pasting in new contact window when some text is already present there
  • Fixed unnecessary deep refresh when pressing up arrow in empty list view
  • Fixed going back to Messages instead of Contacts in case message thread was previously opened from Contacts
  • Fixed autoconnecting other BT devices when another one is already connected
  • Fixed going to Calls instead of Contacts after aborted or confirmed attempt to create contact from Calls
  • Fixed misleading “Nie” abbreviation for word “Niedziela” (Sunday) in new alarm window
  • Fixed automatic message pasting into content field in thread view after message forwarding
  • Fixed redundant logs about CSQ reporting mode
  • Fixed adding USSD codes to phonebook
  • Fixed slider-related crash on phone turn off
6 Likes

My favorites are:

Living in one of those countries. It pains me to see Mudita Pure switching to 2G for a call when there is 4G available. Apart from that I wonder what is the impact on battery capacity when functionality is available.

HFP (Hands free profile) appears not functional when connecting Mudita Pure with my car. I wonder if this change makes a difference. Mudita Pure Bluetooth compatibility with other devices could be an interesting topic on its own.

Looking forward using Mudita Pure for 7 days without charging it :sweat_smile:

Aside, that any fixed bug/cause for crash reduces additional effort by the OS to deal with it e.g., a reboot to restore a functional state. Hence, less need of energy lesser charge cycles increasing battery life and effectiveness. IMHO.

5 Likes

Looks things are looking up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@sv3np We’re glad that you’re excited. I have reached out to the team about these functions, so I can get a date when they might be released. So, stay tuned! GREAT things are happening. :grinning:

5 Likes

While 7 days with 4G is optimistic, I am glad that the e-ink power consumption is making it to the device. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi,
I am wondering if there is already a release date planned for Pure version 1.8? We are now already a few months later since this thread started and the last release was in March. I am especially interested to use VoLTE in the additional countries and added to the master branch in April.

4 Likes

@matiz We plan on releasing 1.7.1 this month, but I’m not sure exactly when.

4 Likes

Super, thank you. Looking forward!

4 Likes

Some time past, no release such as v1.7.1 in sight. So, time to see at least the differences between my initial post and now. @urszula Surprise me with a release date :wink:

Added

• Added input mode selection display timeout
  • Added MMI/USSD code confirmation
  • Added VoLTE support in Poland, Germany, Denmark, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Canada and Austria
  • NEW: Added translations for Bluetooth connection status label
  • NEW: Added WCDMA recognition as 3G in status bar
  • NEW: Added extended information to crashdump filename
  • NEW: Added extended information to log filename

Changed / Improved

• Replaced English labels occuring in French translation with French ones
  • Added new field to deviceInfo endpoint
  • Made EULA window scroll by a few lines at once
  • Updated Bluetooth stack
  • Unified GUI flow for adding contact with number already present in another contact
  • Decrease critical battery level from 10% to 5%
  • Optimized E-Ink energy consumption
  • NEW: Changed volume popup timeout to match phone modes popup
  • NEW: Information about device memory is now sent to MC in floating points numbers
  • NEW: Changed a way of returning information to Center about number duplications

Fixed

• Fixed wrong USSD flow when user closed USSD popup with back button
  • Fixed broken abbreviating of multiline text messages content in deletion window
  • Fixed misleading labels in the Phonebook application when using search engine
  • Fixed text pasting in new contact window when some text is already present there
  • Fixed unnecessary deep refresh when pressing up arrow in empty list view
  • Fixed going back to Messages instead of Contacts in case message thread was previously opened from Contacts
  • Fixed autoconnecting other BT devices when another one is already connected
  • Fixed going to Calls instead of Contacts after aborted or confirmed attempt to create contact from Calls
  • Fixed misleading “Nie” abbreviation for word “Niedziela” (Sunday) in new alarm window
  • Fixed automatic message pasting into content field in thread view after message forwarding
  • Fixed redundant logs about CSQ reporting mode
  • REMOVED: Fixed adding USSD codes to phonebook
  • Fixed slider-related crash on phone turn off
  • NEW: Fixed problem with an unresponsive device after playing specific WAV files.
  • NEW: Fixed unresponsive Templates window for user input after templates were changed via MC.
  • NEW: Fixed USB charging port detection.
  • NEW: Fixed Template window clearing after all templates are removed.
  • NEW: Fixed wrong notification about multiple unread messages in case there’s only one unread left
  • NEW: Fixed missing notification about new SMS when phone was locked on application Messages
  • NEW: Fixed MTP availability only after phone unlocked
  • NEW: Fixed a ghost call after quick click back key to end a call after start a call
  • NEW: Fixed autofill data during adding previously deleted phone number from dialing window
  • NEW: Fixed redirection to dial number view by pressing BACK from add new number view
  • NEW: Fixed occasional USB crash when USB cable was disconnected during files upload
  • NEW: Fixed unsupported character in several quotes
4 Likes

@sv3np Thanks of reaching out & being on top of things :slight_smile: We were planning to release the newest MuditaOS update last month, but unfortunately, the new Mudita Harmony & Mudita Center release took a bit longer than we expected, so we had to push it to this month- July. I don’t have an exact date yet, but I will follow up with our team & get back to you.

5 Likes

Time to review another time the change log on Github since we got v1.7.1 out on July 13, followed by v1.7.2 on July 28 which appeared to have addressed some regression based on v1.7.1. It is a little sad that v1.7.2 is not specifically mentioned in the change log, but probably I am jumping the gun as v1.7.2 release was just yesterday :sweat_smile:

Interesting is the difference between listed changes based on v1.7.1 and the current Unreleased section compared to previous state before v1.7.1 got released. It looks like some points are REMOVED from the Unreleased section, not being part of v1.7.1.

Annotations:

• Comparison is incomplete regarding the Fixed section at this stage.
  • What is marked by me as REMOVED means I could not identify it anymore, and it is unknown what happened with such point e.g., if it was added to v1.7.1 release (or not).
  • Following is from present change log on Github, about Unreleased section and v1.7.1, per July 29, 2023:

Unreleased

Added

• REMOVED: Added input mode selection display timeout
  • REMOVED: Added MMI/USSD code confirmation
  • REMOVED: Added WCDMA recognition as 3G in status bar
  • Added extended information to crashdump filename
  • Added extended information to log filename

Changed / Improved

• REMOVED: Added new field to deviceInfo endpoint
  • REMOVED: Updated Bluetooth stack
  • REMOVED: Unified GUI flow for adding contact with number already present in another contact
  • REMOVED: Decrease critical battery level from 10% to 5%
  • General improvement in Eink display and error handling
    FORMERLY (potentially): Optimized E-Ink energy consumption
  • REMOVED: Changed volume popup timeout to match phone modes popup
  • REMOVED: Information about device memory is now sent to MC in floating points numbers
  • REMOVED: Changed a way of returning information to Center about number duplications

Fixed

• REMOVED: Fixed broken abbreviating of multiline text messages content in deletion window
  • REMOVED: Fixed misleading labels in the Phonebook application when using search engine
  • REMOVED: Fixed text pasting in new contact window when some text is already present there
  • REMOVED: Fixed unnecessary deep refresh when pressing up arrow in empty list view
  • … Giving up at this point to identify other potential removals due to the no. of fixes and their different sorting and/or their different wording now compared to previous state.
  • Fixed unsupported character in several quotes
  • NEW: Fixed unwanted autolock on template selection window while rejecting call
  • NEW: Fixed scenario when Alarm not being handled properly during a phone call
  • NEW: Fixed handsfree device still ringing after caller has hung up
  • NEW: Fixed missing contact entries when scrolling through the contact list

[1.7.1 2023-07-13]

Added

• Added missing translations for Bluetooth connection status.
  • Added missing translation in French.
    FORMERLY: Replaced English labels occuring in French translation with French ones
  • Made EULA window scroll by a few lines at once.

Fixed

• Fixed occasional USB crash when USB cable was disconnected during files upload.
  • Fixed Template window clearing after all templates are removed.
  • Fixed problem with an unresponsive device after playing specific WAV files.
  • Fixed unresponsive Templates window for user input after templates were changed via MC.
  • Fixed redirection to the dial number view by pressing BACK from add new number view.
  • Fixed for a ghost call after a quick click back key to end a call.
  • Fixed handling USSD started by #.
  • Fixed an issue with displaying a previously closed USSD session using a new USSD code.
  • Fixed problems occurring with MMI/USSD code handling.
  • Fixed misleading SMS notification text indicating the number of unread messages.
  • Fixed automatic pasting into the text input field of forwarded messages.
  • Fixed missing new message notifications.
  • Matched the time limit of the pop-up volume window with the pop-up phone mode window.
  • Fixed random crashes when turning off the phone.
  • Fixed unneeded deep refresh in the empty list (Alarm/Message/Contacts/Notes).
  • Fixed support for shortening multi-line strings in dialogue titles.
  • Fixed search engine labels.
  • Fixed access to contacts during onboarding in progress.
  • Fixed abbreviations of days of the week in Polish.
  • Fixed marking new message as read in Messages app main window.
4 Likes

The most recent update 1.7.2 was centered around bugfixes which we got feedback on once 1.7.1 was released. Therefore it does not have its own, detailed changelog because it’s literally just bugfixes.

5 Likes

I see 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 have been released last month, but the VoLTE support for several European countries is still in the unreleased section (and merged into master branch 4 months ago). Any updates on when this lands in a release? I hope this will improve the signal on the phone.

3 Likes

@matiz I will ask our team & get back to you.

3 Likes

Hello,
I would also like to know if there is still a plan to have LTE support in the Netherlands; if so is there a timeline?

2 Likes

@skilletsauce I will ask our team about the progress in this situation. I saw NL on the list back in May. The plan was to release VoLTE country by country, not everything in one release & NL was on the list for the 3rd update release. However, I will see if this is still in the pipeline & will get back to you.

2 Likes

@urszula have you been able to get back to @skilletsauce? Or are you still awaiting feedback which you are going to share with everyone? What is the reason to activate this option in batches and not for all indicated countries at once? I mean you have already a prove-of-concept as you released it for the US some time ago. Are you concerned about increased support activity? Sorry for my curiosity but after 17 days of silence … :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@urszula Could you please also ask what happened to the “Updated Bluetooth stack” point which got removed? It might help to improve things in general. The hands-free protocol of Mudita Pure does not work with my car currently :sob:

3 Likes

@sv3np I will keep bugging the team about it. I haven’t received a concrete answer yet.

3 Likes

@sv3np I was just told that the next MuditaOS release will drop at the end of this month. I’m still waiting to hear on the additional info.

4 Likes