Is the Pure really as large as I think it is?

After reviewing the Pure’s Specs, specifically its dimensions, it seems that the Pure will only be slightly shorter and narrower than my Google Pixel 5 and it will be deeper (thicker) than it. Not that that is necessarily a deal breaker, but I have to admit that I am surprised at the “largeness” of the Pure. Please tell me if I am mistaken.

Sub question:
If the Pure really is that big, how likely could you have fit a QWERTY keyboard?

2 Likes

Here a visual comparison: How do you feel about the size of the Mudita Pure?

2 Likes

Some of us have “sausage fingers” so we need a bigger phone :slight_smile: But as a REAL LIFE comparison… here you go…

For me, personally, those two Nokias are waaaaaay too tiny. The BB Q10 is actually a good size, but I really like how the Mudita Pure fits in my hand.

7 Likes

Thank you so much, Urszula! This greatly helps my very visual mind. I believe you that the Pure fits well in your hand. The images on the website do make it look like a smooth stone and very nice to the touch. It is nice to see it in an actual photo, too. It looks like it would be very easy to operate one handed. How is the predictive text? Do you feel like you can type relatively quickly?

P.S.
Sorry about your “sausage fingers.” Maybe you’ll grow into them some day. ; )

2 Likes

@MrJSMConley We’re still working out the predictive text. My prototype does not have the updated OS so it’s not polished yet. Perhaps it’s my “sausage fingers” but I don’t type as fast as I could like to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re too funny, @urszula. I nerd out over this stuff so much. I wish I could just pop over and check everything out. Mostly, I think it would be fun to get to talk with you guys face to face and ask questions about the phone and how you guys came up with the different ideas and concepts. Is the overall size of the phone supposed to help deter you from using it, maybe even just a little? Cause it kind of looks like a very pretty cordless home phone.

P.S.
Maybe come up with a creative back story for your “sausage fingers.” Maybe you like to walk everywhere on your hands so they are really strong and bulky. Or perhaps you are a free climber and you choose to climb using only your hands. Just a couple of ideas to get things rolling for you. Let me know where you end up.

1 Like

My trusty Samsung is 45 x 108 x 14 mm and weighs 65g. I consider its compactness to be a considerable virtue, and the size of the Pure is definitely a drawback for me. If I’m not wearing a jacket—which tends to be more often than not—then I typically have my phone in a trouser pocket along with a business card holder and a handkerchief. That could get rather bulky with a phone the size of the Pure, and bulging pockets never look good on a pair of chinos.

But, to be fair, size isn’t very near the top of my list of priorities in deciding on a phone. If the only phone that does what I want it to do isn’t the size I’d prefer it to be, then I’ll likely find some way to adapt to the size that it is. Perhaps there’s some other configuration of my pockets and my effects that would better accommodate such a substantial phone.

1 Like

I like that, @sleinjinn. I would like the phone to be a little more compact for convenience, but if it ends up being the phone that makes the most sense for me, I will adapt. Who knows, maybe someone will create a trendy holster carrier for it and sell it on Etsy. I do like a good pair of chinos, but perhaps it’s time to embrace cargo pants. Or perhaps I misjudged fanny packs. The possibilities are only as limited as our imaginations.

1 Like

@MrJSMConley I literally LOL’d while reading your post about my “sausage fingers” :smiley:
A really like the idea of a Q&A web event with our team. I’m going to suggest it. It would be GREAT to interact with our users/backers.
Regarding the size of Pure. It’s really not much bigger than an HTC ONE & a smidge thicker (it’s an old model from 2014)

1 Like

Well, I’ll be waiting to hear back from you once you’ve fully developed your back story. That way if anyone questions your “integrity,” I can help ward them off. I imagine myself saying something like this to your naysayers. “Look, Mr. Guy! Urszula used to be a beekeeper. At the time, she was having a really rough allergy season and one day while she was tending to her bees, she sneezed so hard that her gloves flew right off her hands, startling the bees and causing about a hundred or so of them to attack her once dainty little fingers and now they look like sausage links. Are you happy now?!”

In this scenario, they quickly apologize and immediately leave.

Oh, and I love the idea of a video conference. A round table of sorts. giving folks a chance to interact with you guys and ask questions. You’ll have to let me know how that idea is received and if/when that will happen. You guys have done an exceptional job at representing yourselves and your product thus far. Again, while I’m not crazy about the size of the phone, I do love the intentional “limitations” it has and what it represents. I also love the vastness of your website and the information it contains, as well as the ability to participate in these forums for Q&A between yourselves and anyone else reading. You guys are doing something very big and you are not taking short cuts and that does not go unnoticed.

1 Like

^^^^ This!

2 Likes

What about an AMA on the dumbphone subreddit?
teddit.net/r/dumbphones
JBriones is the moderator and is active here as well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@nirvana I follow that subreddit & Jose is GREAT, however, I think we would prefer to do this on our own platform if it’s possible. We could definitely repost it on the subreddit. But it’s a viable option for sure. I was even thinking about a YouTube live.

4 Likes

So it’s really as big as my iPhone se 2020 and twice as thick? I figured being a simple phone it would be smaller. My iPhone at least has a full keyboard which for that size the Pure could have also to make texting easier. Especially for the price. I mean your charging the same that apple wants. For a dumb phone, that’s way too big. I have a Nokia 225 4g 2020 that is way smaller and only was $50 and has t9 predictive.

2 Likes

@knightayres: It sounds as if the Nokia 225 4G works for you, and very affordably, which is great!

After buying a Nokia 225 4G and using it for two days, I realized that the Mudita desktop app will be ESSENTIAL for maintaining “synchronization sanity” with the Mudita Pure. To me, the Mudita desktop app will set the Mudita Pure apart from all other feature phones. So, I kept my order for the Pure in place, and I returned the Nokia 225 4G to the retailer for a refund, as its lack of synchronization with contacts, calendar, and podcasts was maddening to me.

I see the Pure as a freedom machine and worth what Mudita charges for it.

But, I’m glad that you have what works for you!

1 Like

I really wanted the mudita pure because of the lowest sar levels. I just can’t believe it’s the same size as my iPhone. It would be awesome with a qwerty keyboard on it since it has the space. It would make texting much easier. I may give it a go anyway

3 Likes

Aww You dont have sausge fingers

1 Like

Yes please do a youtube live :+1::+1:

1 Like

@jameshjacksonjr What topics would we cover?

I’m also quite surprised that the phone is this large! One of my biggest issues with phones these days are how LARGE they are. @urszula you say Pure is larger than the iphone 12 mini or the BB z10?

1 Like