Is it Healthful or is it Harmful?

Mudita is making products which are assisting people like you and I to live more harmoniously with technology. One question I have lived with for some time (started because of a slew of food intolerances) is… “Is it healthful or is it harmful?” It simplified everything for me at the time as I only chose to put into my body things which I was certain were healthful. Over time this expanded to all things in my life.

My question for you is - what is something perhaps unexpected you’ve discovered, which is a healthful alternative to a harmful product you had been using?
How is it healthful? How was the old product harmful? Did you have to sacrifice functionality to transition to the new product?

Oh, I guess I should start…
I switched from ‘smartphone’ to Mudita Pure - Pure has less negative impact for me in terms of EMF and wifi exposure. I can be on Pure for 2hrs+ on phone conversations with my airtube headset, whereas with the old phone it was more like 5 mins before starting to feel that familiar ‘cognitive fog’.
I don’t feel like I’ve sacrificed anything to transition because I’ve gained so much more energy and presence while using my phone. And I love having an offline ‘in my hand’ appointment book too - a paper one I handmade :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I used to be a vegan. I thought it was healthier for me than eating a standard mixed diet. But what I have noticed was that as times went on, I was consuming more hyper processed vegan food, which was much worse for me than eating a non-processed meat-inclusive diet. Plant-based ‘meat’ alternatives were the worst. When I looked at the ingredients of Beyond Meat I was shocked. I figured that going back to basics was better for me than continuing down this vegan road.

6 Likes

I grew up in the US where eating breakfast cereal or pancakes first thing in the morning was considered “healthy.” However, it’s basically like eating dessert for breakfast & it’s really not that great for you.

6 Likes

@worldcitizen88 Yes, it’s all about finding which foods work for your body - I’ve found that eating for my ancestral body line has been helpful - mostly plant based with some ocean foods - having ancestry in the English and French areas.

@urszula What do you prefer for breakfast nowadays?

6 Likes

@galtions I’m so lucky that in Poland, I have easy access to local produce. My partner’s family has farms & we get our eggs from them & they also have a dairy. My family lives by the Baltic Sea & many of them fish, so it’s really like farm-to-table. When it comes to food, I really do like to keep it simple.
Plus, we have a farmer’s market right down the street, every Saturday, so I’m really lucky when it comes to getting unprocessed food.
Breakfast is usually eggs, whether, it’s an omelet, fried, or scrambled- I’m a fan of eggs. To that I add CHEESE :cheese: :cheese: because I LOVE cheese.

7 Likes

Sounds idyllic! What a blessing to have so much fresh local produce available. Farmers markets are the way to go for sure if you’d like to eat natural foods.
Knowing where the food comes from, how it’s grown and harvested is a great way of connecting with nature, plus we get to have great conversations with local growers… well, I do anyway at my local market! :heart:

5 Likes

I will keep the food theme going. I used to drink orange juice, thinking it was better that soda, but then I found out that some juices have even more sugar than some of the carbonated soda drinks. It looks healthy, but it’s just sugar water.

6 Likes

It’s great to hear about your positive experience with Mudita Pure and how it has improved your well-being. Finding healthful alternatives that enhance our lives is always a wonderful discovery. Wishing you continued energy and presence in your technology use.

5 Likes

I have to say that I have found orange juice to be very helpful in consuming a large number of calories when I need them (e.g. when having trouble eating enough food).

4 Likes

@kanecitzen - it may depend upon the type of sugar that your body requires as to how you feel when drinking the juice or soda. Highly processed forms will generally not be so great for a body as the natural form of sugar… Some orange juices have highly processed sugars added, some are au naturale :slight_smile:
@catan I can relate to having liquids and purees when requiring more foods - do you have a favourite high energy drink or smoothie that feels healthful to you?

5 Likes

Thanks, is there a healthful alternative to something you’ve discovered you’d like to share with the community? I’d love to hear :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I go for straight orange juice (not from concentrate, no sugar added). Ideally, fresh squeezed, which I like much better.
I also like applesauce and yogurt (separate and sometimes together!)
I like smoothies with milk, raw eggs, cacao powder, and fruit like frozen banana, strawberries, and mango.

5 Likes

@urszula I wonder what Misiek’s (the Mudita Chief Snack Officer) opinion is about healthful snacks and smoothies? … for humans or canines or other furry/furless companions…

2 Likes

@galtions Misiek is very health conscious :slight_smile: His kibble of choice is ORIJEN Fit & Trim, which has a very nice ingredient list:

However, for snacks, he really enjoys marrow bones from the butcher. Recently, he’s been trying out game snacks, like deer :deer: legs (yes the Bambi kind :astonished:)

Misiek tries to stay away from processed food. We think it’s working, because for an 11year old pup he’s still pretty spry. I’d like to think it’s because of his healthy lifestyle.
20220417_131518

5 Likes

Nawwww, thanks for sharing Misiek and @urszula . My little cat was also very healthfully fed - I used to think if I was short of food I could just eat her biscuits - they were all organic and natural foods, not highly processed.
I just have to ask… did Misiek jump into the water? He’s perfectly poised for it! :heart:

3 Likes

@galtions He’s definitely a swimmer
20220624_082945_1

4 Likes

@kanecitzen there is a big difference between the consumption of natural sugar and processed sugar though :wink:

Have a look at this article: What’s the difference between natural and refined sugars? | MD Anderson Cancer Center.

"“We’re not as worried about this kind of sugar because these foods have other components in them that slow down how quickly sugar is digested. This prevents that rapid blood sugar spike and drop that can lead to weight gain, insulin resistance and diabetes.”

Processed sugar, on the other hand, is just a sweetener without any nutritious value.

I have a knack for paying close attention to healthy eating habits, and over the years, I’ve learned that eating everything in moderation is fine. However, eating one type of food over prolonged periods is not recommended. Not only that, it’s also essential to pay attention to WHEN you eat certain foods.

Fats and oils, for instance, take longer to digest, and they are not recommended to be eaten before you go to bed if you want your digestive system to regenerate while you sleep. Eating fish, on the other hand, is healthy, but only in moderation since fish contains micro doses of mercury, and consuming too much mercury is harmful to the body.

Ever since I switched to being vegetarian about 4 and a half years ago, I’ve learned that eating the right way requires us to pay attention to many details if our goal is to stay healthy and feeling good.

2 Likes

I agree - in my experience the right way is different for every body based on life experiences, who you are (hereditary DNA) and your micro-biological requirements including your microbiome. Keeping your gut microbes happy means feeding them what they require.

Teehee! Thanks for sharing :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, very much so. There is even a book based on research, which outlines the diet that should be followed according to your blood type. For example, blood type A is considered best for being vegetarian, whereas blood type B is more recommended to include meat in their diet. It all depends on what our bodies need, as you mentioned @galtions.

Here is a link to the website about the Blood Type Diet:

3 Likes