I find Mudita Pure unreliable, but still try to use it

@avatar Regarding the lockers- I’m not sure where you are from, but here in Poland, in addition to getting the email with the QR code to scan & open the locker, you can get an SMS with a passcode to open the locker. In my case, I get an SMS letting me know that the parce has arrived at my indicated lockbox. The SMS includes a pass code. Once I’m at the lockbox, I input my code & then it asks me for the PHONE number to which that passcode was sent & POW lockbox is OPEN :smiley:

I have been using the Pure for a few weeks and have some issues of calls dropping and not being able to call/text when I needed due to no network connection. So far nothing urgent that couldn’t wait, but it does have me pondering the issue of reliability. I have even switched the SIM card back to my iPhone a couple of times I felt I absolutely had to be accessible (which was stronger when first weaning off a smartphone, not so much anymore…)
I do still keep my old iPhone at home and use it to do things like booking kids’ activities on apps, the occasional mobile check deposit, sometimes I use it for pictures and reminders, but now it’s only a few minutes a week vs the hours I used to spend mindlessly, and it feels amazing.

1 Like

@catan Thanks for the feedback. Have you had the chance to update to the newest MuditaOS update? Several users have reported that connectivity & network strength increased following the update.

1 Like

The operating system on my laptop is too old so the update cannot be done. Working on that now…

2 Likes

@catan Let us know if you’re able to update your device, If you are using Mudita Pure out of the box & have not been able to update your operating system since buying the phone, you might be missing out on some of the improved functionality.

So I updated my laptop’s OS but still unable to update the Pure-- the message is that the operating system is too old. The laptop or the Pure’s operating system?
I have not updated since it’s out of the box.

1 Like

@catan It’s probably the laptop. What Operating System are you using & what version of it is on your laptop?

macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7. Updated from Sierra OS.

1 Like

@catan Interesting. I’m not an expert on Mac- However, from what I do know, in keeping with Apple’s release cycle, we anticipate, macOS 10.15 Catalina will no longer receive security updates starting in November 2022 . As a result, it’s possible that is the reason why Mudita Center is having issue running on macOS 10.15 Catalina. As you know, Mudita is big on privacy & security, so this might be the cause of the issue. However, I’ve asked @Bartosz_sp2fet to comment on this.

Hi, I believe that the information in Mudita Center is misleading - if you receive a message that your OS is too old, it’s the Pure’s OS, not your computer’s - you have to update the Pure’s OS via Mudita Center to be able to use the app.

It has been already reported, that the information is misleading, so it will be corrected

1 Like

@Bartosz_sp2fet Thank you so much for the clarification.

you’re welcome :wink:

1 Like

I have updated the OS to Monterey 12.5.1 and the same thing still happens. I connect the Pure and open Mudita Center, the first message that pops up is the Pure has crashed, and then that the OS is too old.

1 Like

@catan If you start Mudita Center- is it possible for you to send logs to Mudita. Also- one of our team members suggested that what that communication comes up that the operating system being too old, just click OK. He confirmed that it’s an error in Mudita Center.

Can someone confirm that the issues with connectivity have been fixed? I was about to purchase Mudita but holding off with the decision for now. Can’t afford to miss a call.

1 Like

@catan & @shanti A new version of Mudita Center has been released. This should solve your connectivity issues. Please let us know if this works for you.

I’ve done all the updates and so far so good. Haven’t had the issue of the phone freezing randomly. I did have a call drop once; it could have been because I was driving through a pocket with spotty service. For what I want a mobile phone for, the Pure has been great.

2 Likes

Windows 7 is minimum, please update to at least that

1 Like

Love to hear software updates have changed user exp to better

1 Like

when the next update muditaOS for pure is expected?

1 Like