How do you feel about the size of the Mudita Pure?

how did the mic break? how long have you had the punkt for?

1 Like

I was in the middle of aid climbing out of a roof, my buddy called me and it was in my side leg pocket. I sat down in my harnes, took the call. Afterwards I stood up on my etrier to unweight my harness to put it into my waist pocket (a big blunder). I sat back down into my harness and my leg loop pushed the phone out of my pocket and it fell out and onto the rocks below. Only the microphone broke and the body was scuffed up. I think it was about forty feet, which seems right after revisiting the climb a few weeks ago.

1 Like

I like the size and shape of the punkt.
I think the major factors influencing comfort are size, and relative position of the keypad to the vertical axis’ centre of gravity.

If I hold by phone in my right hand to type, the index finger usually sits somewhere near that axis for balance. If the keypad is too low on the device, the index finger ends up bearing more weight and this leads to strain (in addition to the rsi caused by text typing on either a physical or touch screen keyboard).

So long as the balance is right, the pure will be good. On this assessment the punkt looks fantastic too.

1 Like

I do hope that in the future Mudita comes out with a mini version :smile: I think having a smaller screen and buttons makes it even easier not to use the phone much :wink:

2 Likes

I wish it was just a little bit bigger device.

2 Likes

OMG I wish it was way smaller! And also had a smaller screen, proportionately (just a few lines) so it looked less like a “smart” or “feature” phone and more like a offline phone. I’m still gonna use mine every day and as my only phone (hopefully it’s at least comfortable to call with), but it’s huge!
It’s the same height as an iPhone XS? It’s the height of an A6 paper notebook? It’s 25% the height of the old iPhone 4? RIP my purse :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Hello.
When I just heard about this phone I was very excited… until I saw its size… very disappointing.
It should be the size of new Nokia 3310. Not bigger.
Very disappointing. On on hand this phone is an interesting alternative to underdeveloped feature phones but on the other hand its size stops me from buying it.

1 Like

@magneticum We understand that Mudita Pure may not work for everyone. In the end it’s could be something you get used to. I got used to it quite quickly. Now when I look at the tiny Nokia phones, I’m glad the Mudita Pure is the size it is.

6 Likes

To be honest, I imagined it to be a bit smaller and thinner, but my main issue with my existing iPhone 11 Pro regarding chassis, is not size, but weight. This thing is really heavy. Mudita will be much lighter.
I would also prefer battery life and custom electronics over something you need to charge daily with an embedded off-the-shelf SoC with Android, GPS and other bloat on it like on the “Light Phone 2”.

1 Like

I like the size. It will be more or less the same as my Nokia 6300 and have a bigger screen. It is a double advantage for our eyes: the screen size and the E-ink display. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

However, the font size is still tiny.

2 Likes

you can change it from what I saw

1 Like

Can someone at Mudita answer? Can the font size be adjusted?

2 Likes

@bksparrow Thanks for your question. We are looking into it. Adjusting the font size is possible, but we saw that doing so does alter the UI. We are assessing the issue.

Right. The current design is very deliberate and beautiful. Finding a good balance at the scale of this phone is difficult and needs to take time. :heart:

1 Like

To clarify. This doesn’t mean “on the phone, in the settings, in the current version”. It’ll require some OS updates. Wow, it’s been such a marathon for this dev team.

1 Like

@sandra Yes, the devs team definitely has a lot of work to do. As for the font size- in my old prototype, the option was there, but as I mentioned previously, it altered the UI- so for now, it was taken off.

1 Like

Oh come on- It’s really not that bad. Zac Morris Phone

5 Likes

I’m gonna jump back on this thread because I just got a Lightphone in my hand & OMG it’s so TINY! @Jose_Briones how do you manage. Me & my sausage fingers couldn’t do it.

2 Likes

Well if you make the Mudita screen half it’s size you could still manage with your “sausage fingers” :wink:
What I loved about my BB Curve was that I could put it into the tiny front pocket above the normal pocket.
By the way, why did you make the screen so large in height?

1 Like