How do you feel about the size of the Mudita Pure?

I hope Danish is included. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@roberto I think that’s in development. However, I will check & make sure.

2 Likes

I’m not thrilled with it being so big! It looks like it’ll be the biggest phone I’ve ever had - but we’ll see how it goes. Simplicity is a big draw for me and I don’t need to carry my phone with me all that often anyway, so maybe it’ll be worth it.

3 Likes

MY first cell phone… LOL!
bagphone

5 Likes

For those who want a smaller size, I personally never found tiny phones useful. I am likely the exception though, as I could palm a basketball around age 10. My hands are just kind of big, and I actually find an iPad mini more comfortable than any other device if I am trying to hold it and type with my thumbs. For one-handed use, I like the size of the larger iPhone Pro Max lines. Before smartphones, using something like the Nokia bricks wasn’t terrible. The buttons are a bit bigger than software buttons and they have a tactile feel so that I know where I am on the keypad without paying much attention to it, and it doesn’t force me to curl my thumb to much when pressing and therefore avoids alot of cramping pain… I dunno. I think that the idea is that you shouldn’t be constantly staring at a screen, and that is a good thing. This size is still… more than pocketable, so I think people are being a bit dramatic when saying that it’s big. If you design a device that is meant to be handheld, you have a very hard decision to make. Do you try to optimize for one hand size, or do you try to generalize for all hands? I think the Mudita is a decent size. We shall see when I receive mine whether or not I actually like it.

6 Likes

I’ve just registered to raise the same question.
I love everything about the current design and software of Mudita Pure - except only one thing: its size.

Its height is what bothers me most. It’s higher than my smartphone and is just a little bit less wide.
Considering that Pure is expected to be a continuation of the “simple mobile phone” concept, as they were before 2003-2004, I would expect it to be compact sized, just as those phones were.

Is it possible to design a, let’s say, Mudita Pure Compact / Pure Mini version? With the same components, just a smaller display (maybe even the same resolution, with bigger fonts) and smaller dimensions that resemble older simple phones of early 00’s. That would definitely find its niche in the market.

6 Likes

@urszula: Any information about the Danish language?

2 Likes

Chiming in to second this.
Anything smaller than the Pure would, at minimum, be exchanging ergonomics and good battery life for portability.
I have average sized hands, but have always found smaller devices less comfortable. I was the kid who brought oversized aftermarket video game controllers to friends’ houses.

4 Likes

@roberto No Danish yet, but if the community wants to help with localization, you know we’re all for it!

3 Likes

i agree my current phone the light phone 2 is small but sometimes cant even last a full day on one charge thats why i like the pures size and huge user replaceable battery mudita made the device right and we will be able to go a week or more on a charge

4 Likes

@jameshjacksonjr Not even one day! WOW! That’s really bad. Mudita Pure last so much longer!

3 Likes

very its why i preordered a mudita pure.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/LightPhone/comments/q8gb9x/battery_mod_for_the_lite_phone_2/ read that others are experiencing same problem

2 Likes

@jameshjacksonjr Yikes! I didn’t know that the LightPhone2 was entirely glued together, so there’s NO WAY to replace the battery. That’s a shame.

yeah they really made a ton of bad decision choices with Light Phone its why i preordered mudita pure and switching away from. light phone 2

2 Likes

When I see the dimensions in inches, I like them! :wink:

4 Likes

It’s slightly larger than I’d hoped for, but given its button input for text, the size should save you from carpal tunnel syndrome.

2 Likes

When I look how the PUNKT phone looks in average sized hands… It just looks so tiny. I’m not sure it’s comfortable to use. I think the Mudita Pure is MUCH MUCH BETTER!
It fits in the palm of my hand.

Punkt

2 Likes

i agree and that punkt screen is to tiny.

2 Likes

I really enjoy the dimensions of the Punkt. Before the mic broke it was a dream to take calls on; the odd geometry in the back really helped reduce fatigue during a long call and the size was perfect for me. My last smartphone was an LG Thinq and it was very large compared to my previous Iphone 5, which was my favorite phone form factor of all time. I do look forward to being able to type with both my thumbs though, and hopefully this phone will last as long as my iphone 5.

4 Likes