How can I meditate in the office during the working day?

I need some practical advice.

7 Likes

From my experience I can claim that working meditation into a daily routine doesn’t require any special equipment or room. Also it doesn’t require you to go home in the middle of the day to find a quiet meditative place. Meditation can be performed during the last 5 to 15 minutes of a lunch break, on a 15 minute break or even a special 5 minutes of quiet time behind a desk.

Meditation at work can reduce your stress and anxiety. I try to find a noiseless location somewhere in the office. If there is no peaceful place at your office, then visit a nearby park, green area, roof even, sit upon a bench outside the building, or under a tree.

If you can’t get out of the office, buying ear plugs is another option. But I’ve never tried meditating with ear plugs. I start my meditative session with deep breathing. I don’t attach any judgment to objects or things around me, but focus on the rising and falling of my breath. Whenever my mind kinda ‘wanders’ because of an external noise, am drawing awareness back to my breath. Remember it only takes only 21 days to make an activity a habit, so keep at it as I do.

4 Likes

Can’t understand why people think that meditating is something about a separate room located on an uninhabited island. No, if you want you can practice wherever you want.

Here’s how to meditate at work:

Find a quiet place, then close your eyes.
Breathe deeply, and while you’re breathing, turn your focus on each breath.
As several sessions you’ll find that your mind is getting less distracted and more able to focus. Start with 2 minutes on the first day, during a break, for example, and add an additional minute until you can comfortably meditate for 10-15 minutes.

5 Likes