HAPPY to be back

I have used it off an on. Unfortunately its not as reliable as it needs to be in north america. Outside is fine as always but indoors specifically in my house I have to be near windows to be able to have a conversation on the phone. I just love the phone so much I put up with these annoyances lol. With Fido its the best here in Canada much better than freedom. I have been using the light phone mainly but like I have always said if this phone just had 100 percent connection where ever and whenever I needed it I would never give this phone up. It is the best looking dumbphone out there, everything Mudita makes from a visual standpoint CRUSHES the competition. This phone next to the light phone 2 or Punkt its not even close which phone looks better. When I have the Pure on my you just feel calmer

5 Likes

@cardio79 It past a couple of months, so I am wondering if you’re still holding on to your Mudita Pure?

3 Likes

I am using the light phone 2 right now for the past month, also tried the AGM Flip 8. I still own the Pure but have not been using it. Even with the sticker off which slightly improved the reception its just not a reliable device when I need it. I have thought of getting the Punkt again but its just too expensive. I miss the physical buttons

2 Likes

I would love to pop my sim card back in but I am with a provider that works on the light phone but not on the Mudita :frowning: And if I switched to fido, (best provider in canada for mudita) then the sim would not work on the light phone. I do miss using the Mudita a lot

2 Likes

This one hurts the most too lol. So I just put my lucky mobile sim in (owned by bell here in Canada) and the phone can make and receive calls and its FULL CONNECTION regardless where I am in the house, but it cannot send out texts lol, only receive them which again I will never understand why it can do one and not the other lol. Such a TEASE…so close to getting to use this phone as my every day device :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m afraid I have to agree with that. I have tried the Pure again and again, but it is simply not a reliable device. I can really recommend the Punkt MP02 at the moment. Absolutely stable reception and absolutely reliable. Plus a few advantages, as I have already written here:

I felt more comfortable with the Pure, but what’s the point if I can’t be reached in important situations and don’t even notice it.

2 Likes

Yup exactly. Phone has to be useable. Punkt is 100 perfect out of the box each and every time I use it. I just really miss physical buttons but the advantage the light phone has is speech to text and a working calendar, not to mention its cheaper. Punkt phone is very expensive unless you can get it when its on sale or through a private sale

3 Likes

Based on what I have read on reddit a lot of people have had long term issues with the Punkt. Their quality control is not great at all. The phone is very pricey and if you can’t even get two years out of it it is a waste of money. I did enjoy my time with it and I have contemplated at times going back to it but its just costs way too much money for a phone that probably won’t last more than a year before something happens with it , screen failure etc

1 Like

@cardio79 I find BOTH Punkt & LightPhone too small. Their size isn’t comfortable for me.
Maybe it’s because I have sausage fingers, they are just cumbersome to use.

1 Like

Punkt I don’t mind the size of. The light phone the issue is typing on such a small screen. I just prefer physical buttons. Although I have to say the swipe to text feature on my Cat does work really well

1 Like

So I am at the library right now on the second floor very close to a ceiling with a see through roof. I have found a spot where my connection is solid and it has stayed connected for 30 mins lol. I honestly love this phone but driving to the library I even noticed outside I went from full bars to 1 to .5 bars and one point I was outside the library and it lost connection. I am carrying my Cat S22 flip with me as well just in case I get a missed call and I need to connect and put my sim in . I know this is not feasable but just for today I need my mudita fix lol

I am in a bind though because as much as I enjoy using the Cat S22 flip its not a pure dumb phone. I just want a pure dumb phone. But I am struggling with whether to buy the Punkt, it is expensive but I know it will work, I just want to get back to being at peace with the phone I am using. And like I said its not that the Cat has made me addicted to a smartphone again but I don;t like having the option of listening to a podcast when I am bored or even in the shower. To me that is looking for dopamine hits rather than being fully present in the moment doing whatever it is I am doing. …just looking to live a simple peaceful life not constantly looking for dopamine hits when I am bored

I love how committed your are :slight_smile:

Or maybe I need to be committed lol

2 Likes

Sadly like the other user Marko said its just not feasable to use in practice in North America…I need to accept that lol. I like him am leaning towards buying the Punkt. They have a white version that will at least remind me of the Mudita. The trouble is putting down $463 Canadian and then possible getting the new Mudita when it comes out next year. But to be honest I am very hesitant , in the back of my mind I am really worried it will have the same issues the original Mudita had in north america. I just miss using a pure dumb phone so much

1 Like