HAPPY to be back

My Pure arrived (for the FOURTH TIME in a year…yes I do have a hard time letting go :smile:) and I am not sure if its the updates but the phone is working FLAWLESSLY. I have called people texted and the phone has not disconnected at all. Now I am at the top floor of my house and I am aware that I will get no connection in the basement but I do not care. I have made the decision that after 8pm I will disconnect and not turn my phone on till the next day.

When this phone was announced I was so excited for it. I needed a device like this in my life. I have mental health challenges specifically a obsessive personality (SHOCKING I KNOW LOL) so a device with a meditation timer and one that has friction with t9 texting is everything that I need to function as a happy adult. When I have the mudita I feel lighter. Honestly every time I get this phone back I just feel happier. I have the sunbeam but with the speech to text (when it was working) I was still using it more than I wanted to. Not as near as much as my smartphone but I want to live a purposeful, present life. I want to model to my kids what being a present person looks like. Technology is a wonderful thing, do not get me wrong, but I think it has robbed us of so much human connection. I made a choice to choose this life style, take devices away from my kids until they are old enough to make their own decisions, and I can tell you it has made my life as father and husband much better. I listen now, I look people in the eye when I talk to them. When I go for a walk you will not see me starting at a glowing screen, you will see me looking up in the sky thinking, how beautiful of a day is it right now?

It is nice to be back with the phone I always wanted from the moment I saw it. In the past year I have tried every phone there is, light phone, sunbeam, nokia 225, Punkt, nokia 105, and none of them compare to the Mudita. Now keep in mind this is for my specific use case. The light phone 2 is a fantastic device but for me because of the speech to text and lack of physical buttons I again fell into using the phone too much.

I have been hard on the Mudita team. But ultimately they are a company trying there best. They make mistakes but we all do. There hearts are in the right places. These guys create products I CRAVE. A good craving because they make your life simple and happier. I will be getting the new clock because the short time I had the last one I LOVED IT. Thanks for you hardwork Mudita and apologies if I ever was super harsh on you guys.

I was frustrated with the phone so much because I loved it and wanted it to work. But I realized that was just my old addiction coming back into play. We are impatient people. Patience is a skill I have been working on and I plan on continuing to work on it, using the Mudita will allow me to practice patience because maybe the odd time a message may not go through (although to be honest I have had this phone for 1 hour and I have had ZERO issues texting i love it!) but so is life, I think the key to life is how you react to what happens to you. Frustration , anger, etc are all emotions we don’t control whether we feel them but we 100 percent control our response to them. Through meditation my patience has increased and I love when I do get overwhelmed I got the pure meditation timer that I can use to reset myself.

Long story short, I am so HAPPY to have this phone back in my life.
Have a great weekend everyone

‘Be here now’

11 Likes

Happy to have you back, I hope you enjoy your future experiences with the Pure :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Awwww, thank you @cardio79, we are happy you are here and supporting us! That is true - we are trying and we do believe in our vision and mission. These kinds of words make us fly. Have a wonderful day! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@cardio79 Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
The truth is, many people got Mudita Pure & really didn’t think about making any lifestyle choices and getting ready for the change. Mudita Pure is a really decent phone, but it does take getting used to. Even the physical buttons can be an issue for some who are used to digital screens.

7 Likes

Overall, do you think the phone works better now, after all these updates? Since you had previous experience with it and from what I gather, you were not that happy with it previously. @cardio79

7 Likes

I wouldn’t say better. If you are in North america the low sar thing is the reason this phone is not reliable. Now…if you are outside 100 percent for me I can get calls. But if I have to step inside to a Dr’s office unless there are windows I am sitting at I will have no connection. Now for someone that gets a lot of calls all day long you can’t use this phone. I don’t get calls rarely if ever so I can get away with it but again if I need to be reached by my kids or wife I would not take the phone out. Ultimately I would not advise getting this phone if you live in North America. Even I will probably eventually sell it …it was just nice to give it a proper go of over a week this time

6 Likes

How is the SMS reception. I remember you wrote that you had issues with SMS messages. Did that improve or did it stay the same?

5 Likes

No improvement. No update will ever fix the Low sar…again this is all indoors…outside reception is glorious, indoors if you are not close to windows (and I mean right next to reception will be spotty and texts end up not being sent.

5 Likes

I actually switched to freedom just to see if there were any changes…seems to work the same as Fido from what I have seen so far. Only two providers in Canada this phone will work on, and again when I mean work on I mean you have to be outside or near a window but I have to say I enjoy the experience overall. I think the addiction to a smartphone causes us this frustration of not always being connected. Yesterday for half the day I used the Sunbeam Dandelion (phone call only phone) and believe me this was a liberating experience. It is a truly distraction free device, without even the ability to text I never one reached for my phone. I still have the light phone but I am selling it again, I always try to force myself to like this phone when I really can only stomach it for a few days. I think my new combo is Sunbeam Dandelion for pure. focus, no texting , but the ability to make calls and be reached, and when I want to sit and relax but still text I will be using the Mudita. I have tried and tried and tried light phone 2 punkt and always come back to this phone.

4 Likes

Actually scratch that…FIDO is FAR SUPERIOR than freedom…with Fido as long as I had the phone near the window it ALWAYS stayed connected. With freedom that is not the case (this is for the greater toronto region), I am testing the phone using textnow to call it and it missed a call while sitting right by the window, I know a person on here in London ontario did not have these issues not sure why but over here in greater toronto area freedom is not as great as fido even after the last update

4 Likes

It is interesting though…although it may not always stay connected as long as fido when it is connected, I was able to call someone while I was away from the window and they could actually hear me with out the phone cutting in and out…I remember last week when my wife called me when I had the fido sim she could not hear me until I went outside…so maybe I will give it a bit longer with the freedom sim…because if I have a better chance of taking calls inside away from windows I would rather have that advantage and have the disadvantage of the phone being disconnected here and there.

4 Likes

Another thing I am noticing with Freedom is yes I do miss calls vs when I was with Fido where when its connected the phone rings, but with FIDO when I miss the call I got an immediate text message telling me who had called…never had this with Fido…so even if I was to miss a call say from my wife at least you get a notification…will continue to test see if Freedom or Fido is the better option for me

4 Likes

Freedom is brutal actually even outside the connection is weak, not sure how it was better for that user in London, ontario but freedom here blows lol. Got back frrom picking up my kid phone is by the window for like 5 mins and still has not picked up a signal if it it was on fido signal would be super strong within seconds close to the window

4 Likes

@cardio79 Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. I do have a question though: I remember you mentioned in passing that you’re OK with the Lightphone, but you’re not EXCITED by it. Now, you’ve mentioned that you’re selling yours.
What are your biggest gripes with LightPhone? As you know, @Jose_Briones LOVES his, so I’m just curious as to why you don’t.

3 Likes

It is funny though with Freedom still if I am away from a window on my main floor I go get some reception at times. and a really amazing happen is I actually got a text in the basement lol
It is still hit and miss but I just love using the device even with the inconsistency.

For the light phone I think ultimately I hate touch screen, it just feels off in the hand as well even with a case. I don’t l know ultimately I always force myself to like it. I much prefer the Punkt or Mudita in the hands, even the Sunbeam, physical buttons is my preference ultimately

4 Likes

I have actually had a phenomenal experience with freedom this morning to afternoon. I just had lunch and I was sitting where I usually sit watching tv and when I had fido the phone would cut in and out losing connection but with freedom I was able to text back and forth with a friend for an hour and the phone NEVER lost connection and i was about 20 feet from the window

4 Likes

And just now I went to make a call, stepped back from the window, and literally went into our walk in closet and shut the door lol…person on the other end was able to hear me…interesting that with Fido no joke I could not do this…very interesting ,now I do notice after you make a call…the phone goes to 3G and you don’t see any bars…its as if after a call it needs to settle back down or something

4 Likes

With freedom I am actually able to sit and text with people back and forth…interesting I thought Fido was the best provider but more and more I am thinking overall its freedom. Really enjoyed my entire day with the Pure!

4 Likes

Awesome to hear!

4 Likes

It’s been a while since you got your Pure @cardio79. What’s the update?

3 Likes