Group Messaging

Around a year ago I gave up my smartphone and started using a flip phone. First an old Motorola, until my carrier stopped supporting 3G and now an Alcatel. Neither have been able to support group text messaging, which is an inconvenience… Will the Mudita phone be able to handle group text messages?

3 Likes

Currently, the answer to this question is no. However, we will send out an update should this become a possibility. I also feel as though it would be a useful feature. I have previously used group messages with family members as it’s more convenient than messaging everyone individually.

1 Like

The lack of group messaging is the main thing holding me back from pre-ordering. The only “data” I require is the ability to send MMS messages, and I can live without picture msgs. Group texts though have always been a must, and since the phone has LTE it is definitely possible. Is it something they could add later if not at launch?

2 Likes

It is something we considered during the Kickstarter campaign (with a stretch goal which sadly wasn’t achieved) but there are no immediate plans to add group messaging to Mudita Pure. It might be possible to add with an optional software update at some point but I’m not sure if that will happen.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply! I am on the fence between Light Phone 2 and the Pure, and to be honest, the Pure wins in all the things I need, except this one feature. I’ll probably end up ordering the Pure as it’s the better of two for me, but group messaging is the one thing that gives me pause to consider LP2. Let me know if/how I could convince you guys to really consider it in a future update!

2 Likes