Group Messaging

Yes. It’s a SMS and MMS thing. It’s an American thing for sure. I know for Europeans doesn’t make sense, but for the US it’s pretty important for work and life in general.

4 Likes

Group texting is an absolutely essential feature for phones in the US.
Most people here don’t use Whatsapp or Signal, and it would be selfish of me to require all of my family, friends, and coworkers to start using a new app just to be able to communicate with me.

3 Likes

The Americans are so screwed if it comes to phones in general. They also stopped 2G services, something the rest of the world didn’t do. Here in Europe I can buy a working 2G dumbphone on every streetcorner for cheap. I like the Mudita Pure because of its mission, not because we need one :blush: Recently I tried the WhatsApp beta which now supports multiple devices without needing your smartphone to be online. Works like a charm. My smartphone can now finally go back to its drawer, powered down, and crying.

1 Like

This made my morning. :smiley: Thank you!

So you buy a feature phone for less distractions and then get 100 messages per day…

1 Like

100 messages that he doesn’t have to check until he turns his computer on. Digital minimalism is not luddism, Digital minimalism is about optimizing and reducing access.

1 Like

I was thinking about group messages on your phone

1 Like

Oh. Well… Some need it for work.

1 Like

Which would not be necessary if phone could do group messaging.

1 Like

But you have to login with smartphone once in 2 weeks for your devices not to loose connection.

My smartphone can now finally go back to its drawer, powered down, and crying.

No, it can’t.

1 Like

Which defies the point of the Mudita Pure specifically. You call, full stop :laughing:

And yes, Whatsapp loses connection with your computer after two weeks, but my smartphone does come out of its drawer slightly more frequent for some other use cases with apps that only work on smartphones. It’s just a pity that WhatsApp does not work on Linux, yet. Phasing out my Windows computer was a next step in my digital path.

1 Like

@nilss I have this old 8 yr old smartphone that doesn’t have a sim card & is basically de-googled, but I use it to listen to Audible when I drive & I use it to take pictures/video sometimes when I’m on the road.

I guess they are saying what if they are not near their PC and yes group sms is mainly a usa thing light phone 2 handles group messages on the go

1 Like

Thats me its why use lightphone2 group messages for work and also the podcasts feature and maps for gps

3 Likes

Yep. That’s why it is still my primary phone :slight_smile:

2 Likes