I hope I’m not repeating another post… I tried searching for these questions but was not quite able to find what I was looking for. Feel free to refer me if these are repeat questions
First off, LOVE this phone! Looks super awesome and the functionality looks to be right on point! Only thing that I would ever add to a phone like this is a maps function, but I totally get that that changes things a lot and makes it way more complicated. Also easy to solve this issue by just getting a standalone GPS.
I am looking at replacing my smartphone with a “dumb phone” soon. I am wanting to do this primarily for privacy concerns; smartphones track your every move and know everything there is to know about you. I don’t like this. So I have a couple privacy-related questions…
Edit Jan. 4 2020, 12:20am PST: clarified questions 1 and 2.
- During every-day use, what kind of information does Mudita (or any 3rd parties) collect from the actual phone and desktop application? Where is this information stored and how is it used?
- When integrating Google Calendar and Google Contacts (with the desktop application), does Mudita or 3rd Parties collect any information from my Google Account and store it? If so, what information is collected and what is done with this information? Obviously calendar events and contacs are collected and sent to the Pure phone… But is there any other info that is collected alongside this? Is any of this information stored anywhere other than locally on my laptop or Pure phone?
- If if sync my Google Calendar and Contacts, will I need to manually connect my Mudita phone to my laptop and sync both of those peridoically to keep up to date? Or will newly added contacts and calendar events be automatically, wirelessly synced between Google Account and Pure phone?
- I see you can use the Mudita phone as a internet connection for your laptop by connecting both devices using the charging cable. Is the same true between Mudita and a smartphone (say, a friend’s phone or iPod Touch / similar device)? When my laptop uses this internet connection, do I need to have a phone plan that includes data? That is… Is using the internet in this way the same/similar as just opening Google Chrome on your smartphone and navigating the web using mobile data? Or would this count as a type of Hotspot?
- If I remeber right, the Mudita OS was designed from the ground up. Is this correct? Or is it based off another OS?
- Where are devices assembled? I noticed that over half of the components come from the USA. Where do the rest come from?
I apologize for the amount of questions haha! I also hope that they are clear enough to answer. I hesitated to email this to Mudita support directly just so that others can view the answers to these questions. However, if I should be emailing support directly, please let me know!
Thank you very much for any help,