We’re back with a brand-new update. It was just posted this morning & it contains lots of exciting developments. Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks for the update. I really hope that you guys are able to make it to the April 2021 release
Thanks for the update.
It is both interesting, and encouraging to hear of the process, even with the bumps along the way.
Keep the faith!
Thanks for the update. I’m becoming more and more excited. You guys captivated me since the beginning.
Hello, I have some requests:
- can you post a list of specific features (memory, sd card, speed… etc.) of the phone
- can you post an actual video review of the phone.
- and most important point, i’m a doctor and i need a work phone that cannot be connected to nor be accessed by others via internet. as internet hacking is increasing, what assurances do you provide when you allow the phone to to act as a data modem? my patients privacy is my utmost priority.
@artistinct We’re really excited too. Thank you so much for the support & all the engagement.
@Amin_Muh Thank you for reaching out. Welcome to the Mudita Community! I’ve compiled a list of answers to your questions.
- can you post a list of specific features (memory, sd card, speed… etc.) of the phone: You can find all the tech spec here: https://mudita.com/products/pure/specs/ If there is anything missing, please let us know.
- can you post an actual video review of the phone? The phone has not launched yet. We don’t have the final product in our hands. We are planning to ship out the first batches this spring-
- and most important point, I’m a doctor and I need a work phone that cannot be connected to nor be accessed by others via internet. as internet hacking is increasing, what assurances do you provide when you allow the phone to act as a data modem? my patients privacy is my utmost priority. Well, then Mudita Pure is the phone for you. Mudita Pure does not have wireless data or a GPS- you cannot be hacked or tracked. Check out our recent article on GPS tracking & Privacy. Furthermore, when you do use the phone as an external modem by tethering, Mudita does not have access to any data. We discuss more about General Privacy here: General Privacy (Including Desktop Integrations)
Hopefully this helps.
Thank you for this important information. this sounds too good to be true… i hope it runs without lags
Regarding the body material: I was wondering if you’d considered using a bio-plastic, with environmental factors in mind. For example, ‘Arboform’ (aka ‘Liquid Wood’) might be an interesting alternative to typical moulding polymers.
@chrisnb Thank you for the suggestion. At this stage, I’m not sure making that kind of a major change would even be possible, however, I will definitely pass this on to our design team. It might be an option for other projects.
At this point in development and testing it’s almost impossible to bring in such a material change. Moreover, seeing that the Pure is meant to be a long-lasting phone, I would be happy enough if they use a synthetic material which is relatively easy to recycle, while offering the desired durability. I don’t know if they’ve shared the final material composition.
I would be happy to hear that this phone can be shipped end of spring, but realistically, judging from the amount of work that has been done, and estimating the amount of work remaining, plus the ongoing pandemic, I find it a bit more realistic to ship the first batch somewhere end of summer beginning of fall this year.
We do not have the graphs of percentage work completed in these recent updates, so it’s tough to estimate.
Plans are useless. Planning is essential.
Keep up the good work!
@Filip_Popescu Thanks for the words of encouragement! We’re all excited to take this project across the finish line.
Yes, I fully expect that material change at the ‘eleventh hour’ to be unlikely (and I didn’t say that this should be done): nonetheless, I was enquiring as to whether such a bio-polymers had been given any consideration. If so, I would be interested to know about any particular drawbacks; technical, economic, or otherwise.
The technical specs page (as Urszula linked to) currently states that the material is ‘In the test phase’, which further prompted my question: if the decision has been made, perhaps confirm this when possible.
The products that I have seen made from ‘Arboform’ show very encouraging results; the material is typically sold in granules for standard injection moulding, but is naturally reinforced due to the cellulose fibres.
Recycling of plastics is something of a fallacy: even if it can be done, this doesn’t always happen. Europe has shipped tons to Asia, some of which eventually ended up being incinerated.
For products that I really expect to keep for a long time, I generally prefer metal construction, and the fact that iPhones (and others) are made from aluminium (reassuring in the hand, and also essentially fully recyclable) is a positive feature.
I tend to agree with your anticipation that the ‘Pure’ may not be ready by April: I have not pre-ordered, but wish the company all the best with the final stages, and look forward to seeing the results in the launched device.
I am so happy that this project has been coming along well. I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished product. You guys are doing a GREAT job. Keep up the good work.
@kullenm Welcome to the community! Thank you for the support. We really appreciate it.