Exciting NEW Sneak Peek for Mudita Kompakt

That’s interesting. But are you able to make & receive phone calls?

1 Like

Yes calls not a problem, when there was reception. But trying to tether to the laptop or connect via bluetooth just did not happen.

2 Likes

Very interesting and a bit sad, since many people have antenna reception problems while BT and Tethering connectivity can be software tweaked.

1 Like

hello, we know if we can install Signal on Kompakt ? That’s all i need like some of people i think :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Android apps shouldnt be trouble: its not revealed, but I hope somehow you could unlock Play Store OR APK Sideloading, Any of these two solves any users needs, So I assume it will not come with signal, but there will be “add your own” mechanism

1 Like

This hasn’t been confirmed and my feeling is they will not allow users to do this, I hope it isn’t an option because for people like myself with severe tech addiction I don’t want any way possible for me to add addictive apps, I need everything locked down

3 Likes

Well I dont need everything, but would like to sideload Vivaldi browser and Dub music player amd better Notes app
May It be hidden to all, unlocked on request

1 Like

I hope not, I am with Cardio79 on this one. There are plenty of options out there for a secure and private OS on a phone and the ability to sideload APK’s. Choose one of those. A Google Pixel with GrapheneOS is an EXCELLENT choice. Mudita is not about that. Mudita has an ethos, calm serenity, they’ re a ‘different’ kind of tech company.

4 Likes

OK its their call, we ll found out soon enough. That and aspects of RAM, CPU and storage and now most interesting

1 Like

I will be SHOCKED if they allow it

1 Like

It will make it faster though. So now I’m worried about the speed refresh on Kompakt. They changed the display for the many issues LP2 users were having (and for the camera, that’s another reason I think)… So I guess we will see about that.

2 Likes

On e-ink screens, you can usually type just as fast as on a usual touchscreen. But you see what you actually typed with a delay. The input is registered just as fast, just the output in the screen appears with a lag.

So, basically, if you can type on your current touchscreen phone blindly, the lag of the e-ink is not an issue for you.
I doubt that many people type completely blindly though. Even if some people would be able to, from years of smartphone abuse, I imagine the use of auto-completion for comfort is still employed by the average user - and this feature relies on faster output on the screen than e-ink can do.

Personally, I just take my time typing on e-ink devices. Mostly, I type up the text blindly and then review the text for typos before sending. I’m not a power texter though. I imagine some people might be frustrated by the need to slow down on their text chats. But isn’t that exactly why you’d look into products like the Mudita kompakt? To slow down from the hectic smartphone environment?
And besides, if people long for text chats to be of such a high intensity that texts get thrown back and forth with almost instant replies, why not just make a phone call? Phone calls are more rewarding because of the nuances that happen in real time when you talk to a real person. I wish people wouldn’t be so scared to pick up the phone nowadays.

4 Likes

Hi Coport12, welcome!

Well I am hoping for the best. I haven’t owned the LP2 or any other e-ink phone, but I have read reviews. So whatever those customers are complaining about, I figured I’d add that it has added some hesitation on my part. If everything works smoothly, that’s the best possible outcome.

In terms of just “calling people up”, I think in some instances, text messaging works as an instant email where people can’t necessarily get back to you on a phone call. Like, I have family on the East Coast and we usually play phone tag a bit before we can actually talk to each other. We schedule times that will work out best, but probably 1/5 times it works out just because life happens, kids, etc. Texting is convinient because you can chat at a leisure pace with loved ones. I find that for me, at least, the only people I’m picking up to call are ones I see daily. Otherwise, besides time zone difficulties, it’s quite difficult to just call people up who work at different hours or have different events schedule (ie. Can’t come to the phone, going to my daughter’s play, going out to dinner with friends, etc).

That’s of course very individual and maybe other people are fortunate enough to have people they can just call up on the phone. Unfortunately, everyone, but my partner or my Dad, who I want to stay in touch with can’t just be rung up.

Edit: I forgot to reply to power texting. It’s not that I text paragraphs on paragraphs, but because texting can look longer than if you said it out loud, it will look like a paragraph at times. Most texts are short, maybe a sentence or two in length, just looks long. Anyway, yes, I think it is good to slow down, but I also don’t want to have to wait 30 seconds in between letters (not saying that is the case, just giving the example where it could be frustrating to type out).

2 Likes

Yeah I have always looked at it like that, patience is a skill so few of us have especially now because we can have anything we want with a click of a button, so even with my light phone when I find myself getting frustrated typing on it, I just breathe. nothing is ever so important that you need to text perfectly and fast, if there is an emergency pick up the phone

2 Likes

You’ve probably considered this already… I use Pure to tether to my Macbook via it’s USB-C cable and this works beautifully for me… Is this a workable option for you?

I love that you’ve mentioned this. I live my life by this - slow down - it helps me in many, many ways and I am grateful to have the space to honour this. :pray:
I find that slowing down while typing can assist with mindfulness of what is being communicated in the text, since facial expressions etc. do not form part of this communication, which can assist with directness of my communications.
For years I have purposefully delayed sending emails, snail mail letters, texts, and calling so I can be clear in my own mind what is required to be communicated. I have found that going back to the clicking buttons on Pure has required me to form what I am going to type before I start clicking. :grinning:

2 Likes