Exciting NEW Sneak Peek for Mudita Kompakt

We have another update to share about our upcoming phone, Mudita Kompakt! Understanding the dynamic needs of our users, we are delighted to announce a feature many of you have been asking for: Dual Active SIM capability.

Yes, that’s right! Mudita Kompakt will allow you to stay connected with two active SIM cards simultaneously. Whether it’s balancing personal and work calls, traveling across borders, or just ensuring you’re reachable and connected- on YOUR TERMS. The Dual Active SIM feature offers the flexibility you need without carrying multiple devices.

Prepare to streamline your communications and embrace the freedom of connectivity. More details are coming soon, and we can’t wait for you to experience the power of dual SIM with the simplicity and elegance of Mudita Kompakt.

Stay connected, stay tuned!

7 Likes

When are we going to get an announcement of when the kick starter for this phone is starting? Can you give us a rough estimate of when the phone will start shipping??

6 Likes

Also noticed the slider button on the side…looks like you guys are bring back some feature from the Pure

6 Likes

@cardio79 Good Catch :smiley: Unfortunately we can’t give a timeline just yet, but when we do have an announcement to make, you guys will be the first to know. So stay tuned! We won’t make you wait too long.

4 Likes

It’s all looking great so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Light phone 2 actually just released a Directory tool today. Its really good you can search up places and it gives you the phone number and other pertinent info and you can call with a click of a button. I am loving my LP2. I am really HOPING the Kompakt will not be a smartphone disguised as a minimal device. I really want to come back to Mudita but I am going to need the phone to work in Canada first off and for it to be truly an INTENTIONAL phone with NO WEB BROWSER. If it has directions also , I would make the switch. I also want a very limited google playstore with only essential apps like weather, directions, uber. Voice to text would be nice but its no a deal breaker considering the phone is larger so typing on it should be a breeze.

But for right now the LP2 team is doing some really great things with a 4 year old phone they continue to support and update. You guys have to make this same commitment to mudita customers thinking of buying the Kompakt. A lot of trust needs to be earned back after the misfire with the Pure

3 Likes

Will AT&T customers in the US be able to use the kompakt phone? I don’t think the AT&T carrier was supported in the last phone.

4 Likes

I just spoke “Fido Store Toronto” into the Search box of the multiple-years-old HERE WeGo-based Navigation feature of my Sunbeam Wireless F1 Orchid here in the USA and got essentially what you wrote about the LP2 Directory tool.

fido-store-toronto

It is good to see Light Phone adding something similar for its customers.

As I posted several weeks ago, if Mudita takes an AOSP approach to Kompakt, then Kompakt could use HERE WeGo to give customers a “Directory” feature.

3 Likes

@strnad_conneely1 Hi- Welcome to the Mudita Forum. With Pure, we were very limited in network connectivity because we did not have the PTCRB certification (due to our ultra-low SAR antenna). And the thing about the PTCRB certification is that only some North American cellular operators rely on it. With Mudita Kompakt- we are working to make we have the required certification so that network connectivity is not an issue like it was with Pure.

4 Likes

Looks really good. Active dual sim is really the standard now. Good that you guys got it.

4 Likes

So if you guys are still working on this as of right now as it stands this phone would have the same issues in North America as the Pure did?

3 Likes

Looks like Mudita Kompakt have some competition already: Bigme E ink Smartphone Hibreak – Bigme Official Store
not only LightPhone 2. Also the price of just 219$ is very attractive.

3 Likes

@cardio79 have you seen the FCC report posted on this forum? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Mudita’s mission is the only one in this arena that I feel close to. The minimal, meditative vision is truly inspiring for me. But it’s wonderful that other options are available.

2 Likes

@cardio79 we’ve got the PTCRB certification for Mudita Kompakt :smiley:

2 Likes

As expected. 4-inch display and e-ink with nice buttons. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the layer on top of Android that this will have and how restricted it’ll be.

2 Likes

Where are the display dimensions mentioned?

2 Likes

GrapheneOS? :pray:t3::grimacing:

1 Like

They are not, but you can tell by the dimensions.

2 Likes

No. Probably a fork of AOSP. Just customized. If they do Graphene, they’ll be limited on a few fronts for compatibility and features.

3 Likes