Exciting NEW Sneak Peek for Mudita Kompakt

From what the report said and from info here on the forum it looks like they have this PTCRB certification, so connectivity should not be a problem in the US and Canada.

4 Likes

The only exciting sneak peek still remaining is the price.

7 Likes

From the size of the bottom bezel, I am there guessing there is a capacitive fingerprint sensor.

3 Likes

mudita pure was expensive because it uses difficult mould proces and made in EU. Kompact must be cheaper :smiley: you can probably buy the parts for 100-150usd :smiley: Lightphone 3 final price 799$ is so overpriced. 399 for lightphone 3 in pre-order is already to much. :frowning:

4 Likes

There are always a lot of people working on these projects, I guess itā€™s ā€˜workā€™ but also ā€˜loveā€™. They are not cheap to develop, there will always be engineers working on the project full-time, even when we think all is finished and the product is released. Iā€™d expect $400 for the Lightphone III, $800/is a little steep. Somewhere between the two for the Kompakt. Now that my carrier accepts Lightphone, itā€™ll be LP3 vs Kompakt, at least for me anyway.

6 Likes

Itā€™s about scale. Since Muditaā€™s products are intended for a very small audience, the prices are high. While assembly in the EU adds to the price, products made in Asia arenā€™t any cheaper. I wouldnā€™t be surprised were the Kompakt to cost as much as a flagship iPhone. I would be glad to pay more for a product assembled in the EU though. Is there any indication the Kompakt will not be assembled in the EU?

4 Likes

The e-ink display is a distinguishing feature of the Kompakt (compared to the Light Phone 3) and is the main reason Iā€™m looking forward to it. The Light Phone 3 looks good, but the switch to the OLED display has lessened its appeal for me.

6 Likes

Yeah- Iā€™m not really excited that Light Phone 3 changed their display.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just found this: Mudita Kompakt Software Release Notes : - is it true?? Mudita Kompakt market launch date: 31/12/2024. Also only 2 year security updates?
It reminds me Sony launch of Xperia phones. Showing the phone half a year before release. All the hype is already gone and specs outdated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is not encouraging. Even Google is now promising 7 years of updates for the latest Pixel phones.

3 Likes

Good looks. 2 yrs is not a ton, but it is better than nothing.

3 Likes

Hi @andrzej

Our forum community never ceases to impress us with your detective skills! :slight_smile: However, the date you discovered on a technical, non-public sub-page of our website does not reflect the actual launch date of Mudita Kompakt.
We have not yet decided on or announced the launch date.
The 12/31/2024 date you found is a declaration given to a certification office, indicating when we are ready to start providing maintenance for software security patches. We plan to announce the market launch date for Mudita Kompakt in Q4 2024.
Stay tuned for more updates on the forum!

1 Like

Keep the updates coming, I like to see a little bit here and there.

2 Likes

Hello,
Thanks for the update on the preview.
Will this phone have any detection or protection against SimJacker attacks, please ?
See on Wikipedia, I cannot post a link.
Thanks

2 Likes

@arodier Hi! Welcome to the Mudita Forum & thank you for your question. Iā€™ve passed it on to our team & will get back to you when they respond. In the meantime, enjoy the great discussions here on the FORUM :slight_smile:

1 Like

@urszula This is the directory tool I was referring to.

2 Likes

@gmahale Oh, now I get it. Basically, google business info, without the need for google. Good idea.

2 Likes

Excuse my ignorance on this subject, but if there is a browser, then I guess the directory tool is not really needed.

1 Like

We are still waiting for a sneak peek to clarify that.

2 Likes

I hope thereā€™s no browser, I may as well have a smartphone if there is. my intention is to switch off, not keep a computer connected to the world in my pocket.

3 Likes