Exciting New Reveals for Mudita Kompakt - Check them out!

We’re thrilled to share more sneak peeks of Mudita Kompakt with you!
Our team has been working hard to create a device that enhances your daily life, and we can’t wait for you to experience it.
Here are the latest features we’ve revealed today on our website:

Durable Hardware – Ready for Reality

• IP 54 Rating: Mudita Kompakt offers protection against dust and water splashes, making it ready for your everyday adventures.
  • Solid Construction: A robust internal aluminum frame ensures enhanced sturdiness, protecting the phone from flexing or bending.

Big Battery Capacity

• 3300 mAh Battery: Combined with the efficiency of E Ink technology, enjoy longer use without frequent charging.

Essential Apps for Everyday Use

• Weather: Stay updated with local weather or check conditions anywhere, accessible via a quick control panel widget.
  • Music Player: Store and enjoy your favorite music or audiobooks anytime, no internet connection required.
  • Calendar: Keep track of your schedule with a minimalist calendar app that syncs with popular clients.

Hotspot and Tethering – 3 Ways to Connect

• Flexible Connectivity: Share your internet connection via Wi-Fi hotspot, USB-C, or Bluetooth.
  • Intentional Connection: Free from social media and email apps, connect when you need to and browse comfortably on your computer.
  • Secure and Reliable: Use Kompakt’s hotspot as a secure alternative to public Wi-Fi networks, perfect for traveling.

Offline Maps – Privacy Anywhere

• Maps Anywhere, Anytime: Download selected areas or entire regions to browse maps offline without relying on constant internet.
  • Privacy-Focused: With GPS functioning solely as a receiver, your location stays on your device—no Bluetooth or Wi-Fi scanning.
  • Undisturbed Journeys: Enjoy a clean, ad-free mapping experience with just the map and your location dot.

We’re incredibly excited about these features and believe they’ll make a significant difference in how you interact with technology on a daily basis.

Want to be among the first to experience Mudita Kompakt?

:point_right: Join our waitlist to get notified when we launch our Kickstarter campaign!

Thank you for being a part of the Mudita journey.
Your support and enthusiasm inspire us every day.

4 Likes

Are you using HERE Maps or Organic Maps. It looks like HERE maps. Just checking.

4 Likes

@Jose_Briones I’m not sure, but I’m sure once the phone launches you’ll get all the details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news about the way GPS is working in maps. Maintaining privacy on location.

4 Likes

This is AMAZING! Wow, I am going to have to make a tough decision between LP3 and Kompakt. With this new info I am leaning HEAVILY towards cancelling my LP3 pre-order, Light phone 2 nor 3 don’t have a weather app and I like being able to see the weather on my phone so I know how to dress my kids for the school day plus when I go hiking. Right now I have to pull out my laptop to check the weather, won’t have to do that anymore with the Kompakt!

The directions app looks amazing again something for sure I need.

Now we just need a release date so we can give you our money! lol

I guess my only issue is with the podcasts, will you have a podcast tool? Or do I have to download them onto the device myself, because the light phone team makes it very easy to listen to podcasts. Podcasts are not a deal breaker for me though

Honestly I think I am going to cancel my LP3 order, this phone has everything I need, I guess my last concern is whether its going to work in Canada WITHOUT any issues I need this phone to be RELIABLE, my kids need to be able to reach me

2 Likes

Jose just out of curiosity what will it take for this device to make you switch from the LP2 or Lp3, I am always wondering after 4 years with the device what it would take for you to switch lol

1 Like

Idk. Tbh both devices are pretty close that at this point it’s just a matter of aesthetics. I prefer the LP3 design over the Kompakt, but feature parity is the same. The thing that remains to be seen is how open is the OS on the Mudita Kompakt. If it can install apps, then it can get closer to full smartphone land. If it can’t, then it’s a 1-1 essentially with the LP3.

3 Likes

I don’t think it will be an open OS, they have a strong philosophy and giving people the ability to make the Kompakt a smartphone is not in the cards, I don’t see it happening

2 Likes

I agree with you. I am just saying we have to wait and see.

5 Likes

I guess my only concern is the lack of a podcast tool, I do like having access to podcasts on my light phone, I don;t want to have to pull out a laptop in the morning to listen to podcasts because then that increases the chance of getting sucked into the internet on the laptop, that is probably the only thing right now keeping me from cancelling my LP3 order. I am so use to that eco system…will be a tough decision which phone to choose. Hopefully mudita announces a podcast tool as well. The directory is also a plus on the LP3 but that isn’t a deal breaker for me

2 Likes

I’m getting more and more impressed by Kompakt, but also… by the the whole anti-smartphone market. It’s getting crowded here. I’d like to switch from my iPhone, but right now it’s even hard to decide which from these to choose: Mudita Kompakt, Light Phone III (love the design) or Minimal Phone.
I used to have BlackBerry, so Minimal Phone stole my hart, but I wish it haven’t Google’s Android. Mudita on the other hand works on its own OS which is great, but no Signal is a big disadvantage. I’m also considering MP02, but subscription for calendar is madness.

2 Likes

Don’t get the Punkt lol

More importantly: which mapping service? Google, Open Source Maps, Tomtom, Apple? I would guess OSM. OSM is very good, btw, especially for hiking.

I agree on the weather app. I would also like to have a weather radar to know when it’s going to rain. II use the bike a lot to get around.

Podcasts can be useful but I got tired of them. Sometimes I just want silence instead of filling my brain with yet another thing. But of course we all love the Talk Tuah podcast. I’ll let myself out.

2 Likes

I am starting to feel the same as you with podcasts. EVERYONE has a podcast these days and it’s another media type which is creating too much noise in the world. Silence is golden. I would be happy for Kompakt to have the relaxation sounds from the Harmony clock and also the option to put one or two of my own albums on.

2 Likes

Yeah I think about this sometimes as well. If all we are doing is walking around listening to podcasts are we really in the moment?

But at the same time if its something helpful, like for me I have anxiety so I listen to an anxiety podcast every morning thats important for me.
But I don’t thing podcasts have the same pull as doom scrolling through instagram etc, but I guess they could if you are listening to podcasts that have no real value
Its an interesting topic for sure, not sure if it will be a deal breaker for me, It will be very hard for me to decice whether to get komopakt or LP3, I am so use to the light phone ecosytem now, I love using my light phone 2. I do also like how the LP3 does not look like a smartphone. The kompakt although it is not a smartphone it looks like one, I guess apart of me doesnt want to look like everyone else while I am out looking at my phone…decisions decisions, honestly very conflicted on which phone I will ultimately decide upon

Minimal Phone is not yet in true existence, even I would love e-ink and QWERTY combo and opted for it in Mudita development Q and A.

If there will be access to sideloading APKs or Play Store (as optional) you could get whatever you use on Android or if your iOS app exist for Android (unless is Apple only)

This is only option I wait to see clarified. I will not go for Kompakt now, since I prefer Pure concept done right, but I wish it best of luck and success.

The Minimal Phone looks GREAT- but I think realization is still quite a bit away. The concept is nice, but I’m not sure they’re ready to launch yet. I’d love to be wrong because I too have a BBQ10 (and I still use it to this day) that is 11 years old and the Minimal Phone would make a nice upgrade, but I’m not sold.

1 Like

Yes I do get that, podcasts are not the same as doom-scrolling. I find myself listening to the radio more, on a separate device. I wouldn’t actually mind if the Kompakt didn’t have a podcast tool and if I needed to upload my podcasts to it, so long as the media player had a decent interface etc. I found the Pure not so good with playing media, if you had to come-out of the media player for a text or call etc and you were 50% through a podcast then it would reset right back to the beginning again. Very annoying.

I think I cried once…

1 Like