Electromagnetic Details?

It also seems that SAR has been “popularized” and adopted by the cellular industry, but…
In my experience and those from Safe Living Technologies and Lessemf, power density measurements are more appliable. A phone may have a SAR rating under 1, but power densities of 10,000-100,000 uw/m2 (even flip phones now). Anything over 1,000 uw/m2 and I do have symptoms. There are multiple videos of people comparing EMF emission from different devices at a set distance using Gigahertz Solutions meters.

1 Like

Thank you, Urszula. Will there be any additional charges/fees if a device is returned?

1 Like

@mv123 We have a 14 days return policy. All you have to do is send the phone back to us & you will get a refund. We don’t have anything like a restocking fee or anything silly like that. You will have to cover the cost of shipping the phone to us, but that’s it.

2 Likes

Thank you, @urszula. Do the US customers ship to Europe? How much is the estimated shipping? Do you have distributors in the States? I could be one.

1 Like

@mv123 We do not have a distributor in the US. We ship from Poland. I’m not an expert on distribution & logistics, but you could contact our team & see if it’s possible to have a distribution in the US. HELLO@MUDITA.COM

Thank you, @urszula. Would you know how much, an estimate, it might cost to ship a product back, if there is a necessity?

Also, if a customer were to pre-order or order the device, do you charge the credit card right away at the moment of order placement or when the product is actually shipped? If could be 3+ months out?

Also, when are you, if you are, planning to run measurements of the EMF fields using Gigahertz Solutions or Safe and Sound Pro 2 to obtain uw/m2 numbers?
Thank you

1 Like

Mudita charges at moment of order placement. For example, Mudita charged my credit card when I first ordered in January of 2021. I subsequently cancelled that order so as to take advantage of free shipping by ordering another item with it in February, at which point Mudita charged my credit card at THAT moment of order placement.

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd So, I place the order on Dec 1 and you charge the card, but mail the product in March? So your Company will have a “free” money “loan” for several months, four (4) months.?

1 Like

What about the uw/m2 tests, when will you conduct them, and do you even plan to do so?

1 Like

I don’t work for Mudita, @mv123, so Mudita is not my company. :grinning:

However, my understanding is that orders placed during crowdfunding + orders placed prior to start of production (such as my order back in February) + orders placed prior to “official product premiere” are all in this situation.

@urszula should be able to clarify as to what Mudita expects the time lag to be between ordering and shipping once the Mudita Pure has its official product premiere:

Community pre-sale: shipping in progress. Orders placed now will be shipped in February 2022 and delivered before the official product premiere.

2 Likes

I don’t work for Mudita, @mv123. @urszula should be able to answer this or to get someone within Mudita to answer this!

1 Like

@mv123 To answer your question about Shipping Mudita Pure back. It would depend on which service you use. We use FedEx to ship to the US, which is on the more pricy side, because we’re using express shipping & the packages are insured etc. You can always use the USPS, which will take probably a week to 10 days, but it will definitely be cheaper, probably around $30, but you would have to check with your local post office in order to be sure.

1 Like

@mv123 regarding the measurement of EMF, we are currently not planning to run measurements of the EMF fields using Gigahertz Solutions or Safe and Sound Pro 2 to obtain uw/m2 numbers. The main reason for this is that these methods are not a very reliable way to determine the strength of the electromagnetic field of any given object because results vary from place to place, depending where the tests are being performed.
I think I’ve mentioned it before, the Safe and Sound Pro II is actually dedicated to far-field measurement. This means, that the Safe and Sound Pro II is much more of an indicator of what frequencies are present in your environment rather than what a device emits and how that specific frequency is absorbed by the tissue.
Measurements with the devices you named can even vary widely from room to room, so they are not a very accurate indication.
The methodology of measuring SAR is very specific in laboratory conditions and it is intended to be measured in the nearfield.
Hopefully this helps.

1 Like

I am disappointed to hear that Mudita will conduct any tests, even if an “informal” one on video (not in a laboratory). There are so many meters you can use - you don’t have to use the Safe and Sound meter. You can use an Acoustimeter! I really hope Mudita reconsiders this and does some tests! It would definitely make a difference for me.

3 Likes

Same here, transparency and “safety” issues take the back seat

1 Like

Speaking of EMR measurements, have Mudita measured the effectiveness of the Stolp that you sell (https://mudita.com/store/stolp/ ) ? I can’t see any mention of measurements on the Stolp website itself.

1 Like

lessemf sells a number of Faraday cages and they DO show the effectiveness.

GOODNIGHT BAG

EMP FARADAY BAG

https://www.lessemf.com/cellphon.html

You can email / call them and they will readily supply the spec sheets

1 Like

Is anyone here familiar with all the claims made in this article? It lacks footnotes.

1 Like

I bought a Stolp through Mudita. I don’t yet have EMR measurements for it, but I ordered an EMF meter and will post my measurements later.

Meanwhile, I can tell you that putting my Android-7 cellphone inside my Stolp DEFINITELY blocks the cellular connection to my T-Mobile-based MVNO.

If I put my 4G-connected phone in the Stolp and then call the cellphone’s #, the audio in the calling phone goes quiet for at least 30 seconds before my MVNO plays the voicemail greeting associated with the cellphone #.

BUT, if I turn on Airplane mode BEFORE putting my cellphone in the Stolp and then call the cellphone #, then my MVNO takes only about five seconds to answer the call and play the voicemail greeting.

This suggests two things:

1. Activating Airplane mode on my cellphone sends a signal to my MVNO that I have done so BEFORE my cellphone turns off its Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular radios.
  2. If my cellphone’s cellular radio is active when I put my cellphone in the Stolp, then my MVNO will make SEVERAL attempts to ring my cellphone – probably through several cellular towers – before giving up some 30 seconds later and rolling the incoming call to voicemail.

Analogy:

• Putting my cellphone in Airplane mode is analogous to letting a secretary know that I am leaving the office. If someone subsequently asks the secretary for me, then the secretary knows immediately to take a message for me.
  • Putting my cellular-radio-connected cellphone in a Stolp is analogous to sneaking out the back door of the office. If someone subsequently asks the secretary for me, then the secretary will waste a lot of time before finally taking a message for me.

Update:

I got a TriField TF2 EMF meter, switched it to its “RF” mode, and tried to get milliWatt/square-meter (mW/m2) readings of my Android-7 phone in various radio modes (Bluetooth on or off, Wi-Fi on or off, and 4G cellular on or off). Because I made all my readings in an environment that is full of other RF signals (I don’t live in a Faraday cage.), I could not get a ‘calm’ baseline reading no matter whether the phone was away from the meter and outside the Stolp, near the meter and outside the Stolp, or near the meter and inside the Stolp. However, I can say that the meter readings jumped upward tremendously when I had the phone with the phone screen on and all three radios on inside the Stolp and then opened the cover to the Stolp.

4 Likes

As soon as I get the Mudita Harmony, my iPhone will have a more profound (off) sleep than me during the night.

This week, someone asked me, “why do you have an iPhone Pro without any apps?” I replied: “looking at a screen all day will make me a Pro? In what?”.

4 Likes