Electromagnetic Details?

I am disappointed to hear that Mudita will conduct any tests, even if an “informal” one on video (not in a laboratory). There are so many meters you can use - you don’t have to use the Safe and Sound meter. You can use an Acoustimeter! I really hope Mudita reconsiders this and does some tests! It would definitely make a difference for me.

3 Likes

Same here, transparency and “safety” issues take the back seat

1 Like

Speaking of EMR measurements, have Mudita measured the effectiveness of the Stolp that you sell (https://mudita.com/store/stolp/ ) ? I can’t see any mention of measurements on the Stolp website itself.

1 Like

lessemf sells a number of Faraday cages and they DO show the effectiveness.

GOODNIGHT BAG

EMP FARADAY BAG

https://www.lessemf.com/cellphon.html

You can email / call them and they will readily supply the spec sheets

1 Like

Is anyone here familiar with all the claims made in this article? It lacks footnotes.

1 Like

I bought a Stolp through Mudita. I don’t yet have EMR measurements for it, but I ordered an EMF meter and will post my measurements later.

Meanwhile, I can tell you that putting my Android-7 cellphone inside my Stolp DEFINITELY blocks the cellular connection to my T-Mobile-based MVNO.

If I put my 4G-connected phone in the Stolp and then call the cellphone’s #, the audio in the calling phone goes quiet for at least 30 seconds before my MVNO plays the voicemail greeting associated with the cellphone #.

BUT, if I turn on Airplane mode BEFORE putting my cellphone in the Stolp and then call the cellphone #, then my MVNO takes only about five seconds to answer the call and play the voicemail greeting.

This suggests two things:

1. Activating Airplane mode on my cellphone sends a signal to my MVNO that I have done so BEFORE my cellphone turns off its Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular radios.
  2. If my cellphone’s cellular radio is active when I put my cellphone in the Stolp, then my MVNO will make SEVERAL attempts to ring my cellphone – probably through several cellular towers – before giving up some 30 seconds later and rolling the incoming call to voicemail.

Analogy:

• Putting my cellphone in Airplane mode is analogous to letting a secretary know that I am leaving the office. If someone subsequently asks the secretary for me, then the secretary knows immediately to take a message for me.
  • Putting my cellular-radio-connected cellphone in a Stolp is analogous to sneaking out the back door of the office. If someone subsequently asks the secretary for me, then the secretary will waste a lot of time before finally taking a message for me.

Update:

I got a TriField TF2 EMF meter, switched it to its “RF” mode, and tried to get milliWatt/square-meter (mW/m2) readings of my Android-7 phone in various radio modes (Bluetooth on or off, Wi-Fi on or off, and 4G cellular on or off). Because I made all my readings in an environment that is full of other RF signals (I don’t live in a Faraday cage.), I could not get a ‘calm’ baseline reading no matter whether the phone was away from the meter and outside the Stolp, near the meter and outside the Stolp, or near the meter and inside the Stolp. However, I can say that the meter readings jumped upward tremendously when I had the phone with the phone screen on and all three radios on inside the Stolp and then opened the cover to the Stolp.

4 Likes

As soon as I get the Mudita Harmony, my iPhone will have a more profound (off) sleep than me during the night.

This week, someone asked me, “why do you have an iPhone Pro without any apps?” I replied: “looking at a screen all day will make me a Pro? In what?”.

4 Likes

Look at the “recommended reading” section at the bottom of the article. I have read the book, and it is HEAVILY referenced.

1 Like

thanks for taking the readings. would you be willing to go to a remote place, and try to find a quieter RF EMF environment, and take RF readings of the Mudita phone with all antennas on? then with just the cellular antenna on (bluteooth off), and then with antennas off? then cellular on and making a phone call? etc. We would love to see your readings! I don’t want to buy a mudita phone until I see readings like this from someone.

2 Likes

Finding a quieter RF EMF place in my city will be hard, but I know of some parks that are somewhat “quieter” in that respect. I do not yet have the Mudita Pure, and, frankly, I am not in a hurry to receive mine until Mudita addresses many of the reported problems. Once I get it, I’ll see what I can do to get those readings for you, @Felicia_Hobert!

2 Likes

Here’s another reason that I’m glad that I got a Stolp: I now use my Stolp at night to hold my car key-fob, so that thieves cannot do what this article describes to steal my car!

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd What a GENIUS idea. Thanks for sharing. I would have never thought of that, but it does make perfect sense.

I have a canopy (readings are very close to 0 inside the canopy when completely shut) and a safe and sound II meter (as well as a Trifield). As soon as I get mine I will take a video. I may buy a stolp too - what a great idea!

2 Likes

@mrm I don’t know if it was on this forum, but someone mentioned putting their electronic car keys & garage door openers in a STOLP to prevent scammers from making duplicates. The STOLP has many, many uses :smiley:

1 Like

That was yours truly. Simply scroll up the page a bit.
:blush:

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd Of course it was :smiley: How could I forget- I must have had a “blonde moment” LOL
PS: I do this now because you mentioned it- thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

FYI, the “EMF Guy,” Nick Pineault, in a recent podcast (#62, if I recall correctly) said he should be getting a Mudita phone soon and I am sure he will do measurements with his RF meters and report them in a future podcast.

3 Likes

@cander Thanks for letting us know. Do you happen to have a link to his podcasts?

The podcast link is this: Smarter Tech Podcast - The EMF Guy

1 Like

Recently I learned that the podcast in question is supposed to go up in October 2022, FYI.

2 Likes