Chess game for the Mupu?

Would it be possible to develop a Chess game for the Mupu (Quick name for the mudita pure) ?
Smart, braintrainy… It would make sens ?

1 Like

A chess playing programme that’s any good requires a lot of resources in terms of memory and processing power. I can’t see any way a phone like the Pure could run a programme that plays chess remotely well.

And that’s without touching the fact that having games on the phone is directly counter to the Mudita ethos of trying to foster a minimalistic relationship between users and tech. If you’re taking out your phone to play games to fill all the downtime in your life, then you’re not living the life the Pure is being designed to fit.

4 Likes

Of course… But Chess is not snake.
Anyway, the resources argument is true. But it was the black and white design that made me think about Chess …

2 Likes

I believe that mudita pure concept gives us a technological dichotomy on some subjects. All opinions are extremely valid, and I see a piece of me in each request and doubt. On another side, I see an involuntary complexity in the simplicity that mudita pure will offer. I’m sure that this minimalistic project will challenge our daily lives.

3 Likes

Not true. Here is an old .jar game you can play on 15 years old Nokias:
http://dedomil.net/games/1090/screen/8
On a high enough difficulty you won’t be able to win unless you are a professional chess player.

If you’re taking out your phone to play games to fill all the downtime in your life, then you’re not living the life the Pure is being designed to fit.

I mean, chess is like a puzzle game. There is nothing wrong with it. I think having a chess game on e-ink screen would be cute.

3 Likes

What about a deliberately two player only version? Or Go?

1 Like

I think these are perfect opportunities for our developer community to contribute- Did anyone here sign up for the Developer Preview?

I’ve signed up and as a curious developer I look forward to trying out different ideas, like maybe attempting to do a simple game as suggested in this thread!

2 Likes

@hesselbom This is GREAT idea. We look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

1 Like

I love to play tabble tennis.

1 Like

There are many options out there for table tennis blades. Here’s how to make sure you’re getting the right one for you.

First, think about your budget. Do you want a high-quality blade or one that’s affordable? The best blades are expensive, but they’re also worth it if you want to play your best game on the court.

Second, consider what kind of surface you play on most often. If your court is smooth and hard, then a harder blade will be more effective than one made for soft surfaces. If you play more often on a hard surface, then look into getting a blade that has some flexibility in it—this will help take care of any bumps or imperfections in your court.

Third, think about how often you play and how much time you spend practicing with each blade. If you play frequently but don’t spend much time practicing with a particular blade, then it might not be worth buying it at all! But if you want something that will last for years and years (and years), then invest in something that will hold up well over time.

Finally, think about what kind of player you are: Are you someone who

1 Like