Calendar Mudita pure

Hello there team Mudita.
I was just wondering when are we going to see some add on features on the Calendar app, I think it’s really important since until now we can only browse the dates and do nothing else. I came across about 7 or 8 situations where I had to ask the person I was with to wright down the date and time on paper because my Mudita phone wouldn’t add any events. Will it come in future updates? thank you so much!

4 Likes

It will not

2 Likes

@diogoc89 Thanks for reaching out. We discussed the calendar function is a previous thread: Calendar function in Mudita Pure - #27 by urszula
I think our team might be looking at different options since the last time we discussed the topic. There was a time where we didn’t think it was something we could implement & do it well because of all the limitations- however, I’m going to follow up with them & see if anything has changed.

3 Likes

This would be nice, even if you can’t get it to sync to gmail etc. Would be nice to be able to put reminders in

3 Likes

@cardio79 We had a beta version in the OS when the phone first came out: I posted a video of it here:

2 Likes

Syncing across all the time zones is what’s really tricky

2 Likes

While we are on the topic of calendars :slight_smile: A few years ago, one of our team members wrote a blog post about the benefits of paper calendars:

1 Like

hey Ursula! thanks for all the answers! Im a Mudita pure user for some time now, I don’t have much to complain about the product. In fact my friends are thinking of getting one for them too as I always talk happily about the product.

Anyway, I made a topic about a possible reminders app, as a suggestion, which would be nice to add since as a user it was the only app I was missing. Since the team responded that they wouldn’t do such an app for Mudita, I thought the calendar app would be the thing you guys would be working on in the future updates, since it is a feature app of the phone itself as a “basic” phone.

I understand that paper calendars are nice, and I use one myself, but in my opinion paying 370 Euros for a phone and not having a proper calendar app in the end of the day is super disappointing. A calendar that shows only dates is not much of an app. I just think the phone has so few apps (thank god!) that all the basics of them should be working 100%. It is like having a message app on a phone where you can read the messages but not typing for answering them as a basic feature.

Again im a huge fan of the Mudita phone and I am spreading the Mudita lifestyle to my friends as I believe in its life changing message.
I hope the team really thinks about this and plan to release at least a feature of adding events manually to the calendar app. Just the basics like in the video you showed above.

best regards to all! :smiley: keep up the good work, and happy new year.

6 Likes

Agreed. If you can’t do anything with the Calendar app then there is no reason to be there. It literally is useless

6 Likes

hello, I was reading the Pure manual, and I am wondering if the feature of adding events to the calendar could be possible. it could be very useful, at least by the mudita media center. thanks

3 Likes

I just read this, but I don’t have the feature on my phone (up to date) … it could be possible to check out this with the team, please? many thanks!

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you for reaching out!
Considering Pure is no longer manufactured and supported apart from bug fixes, I doubt there will be any new features implemented, including adding new functionalities to the calendar app. I’m sorry if this is disappointing news.

4 Likes

Not adding new features (new apps?) is a bit different from not fixing existing features?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, following the last conversations, I just sold my pure and I decided to test another phone that apparently has been updating it phone for 4 years… and has amazing reviews… It was very amazing test Pure and I was in love, but apparently and suddenly the company stop with it and is going to touch screen too.

2 Likes

I stoped using mudita since 1 year + ago for the same reasons. I mean it had a huge potencial but i guess the company released it incomplete and kind of rushed software and the team did not want to spend more time with it (specially improving and finishing it’s main software apps [im not even saying potencial new apps] ) . In the end of the day i feel we were testers who happened to pay for testing a product called mudita phone. And that’s how it is and we have to accept it. Alarm clocks and wrist watches are their main product / concern and we were mistaken if we though differently. Its a shame but we have to move on. Now guys dont forget to buy a mudita phone 2…. Since we all had a great experience with the first one.

4 Likes

Beside first experiences in supporting worldwide use of phone and fixing software, I believe Pure`s antenna is hardware and unfix able (main poor reception issue), thus relatively quick move towards model 2.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there will be no new applications and no new features for Pure’s existing applications. We will be working on bug fixes for now. The development team is focused on working on the Kompakt, which is scheduled for release later this year.

2 Likes

OK, thank you for clarification. Hope after Kompakt, Pure 2 will be coming

1 Like