Calendar Mudita pure

Hello there team Mudita.
I was just wondering when are we going to see some add on features on the Calendar app, I think it’s really important since until now we can only browse the dates and do nothing else. I came across about 7 or 8 situations where I had to ask the person I was with to wright down the date and time on paper because my Mudita phone wouldn’t add any events. Will it come in future updates? thank you so much!

1 Like

It will not

1 Like

@diogoc89 Thanks for reaching out. We discussed the calendar function is a previous thread: Calendar function in Mudita Pure - #27 by urszula
I think our team might be looking at different options since the last time we discussed the topic. There was a time where we didn’t think it was something we could implement & do it well because of all the limitations- however, I’m going to follow up with them & see if anything has changed.

This would be nice, even if you can’t get it to sync to gmail etc. Would be nice to be able to put reminders in

1 Like

@cardio79 We had a beta version in the OS when the phone first came out: I posted a video of it here:

1 Like

Syncing across all the time zones is what’s really tricky

1 Like

While we are on the topic of calendars :slight_smile: A few years ago, one of our team members wrote a blog post about the benefits of paper calendars:

hey Ursula! thanks for all the answers! Im a Mudita pure user for some time now, I don’t have much to complain about the product. In fact my friends are thinking of getting one for them too as I always talk happily about the product.

Anyway, I made a topic about a possible reminders app, as a suggestion, which would be nice to add since as a user it was the only app I was missing. Since the team responded that they wouldn’t do such an app for Mudita, I thought the calendar app would be the thing you guys would be working on in the future updates, since it is a feature app of the phone itself as a “basic” phone.

I understand that paper calendars are nice, and I use one myself, but in my opinion paying 370 Euros for a phone and not having a proper calendar app in the end of the day is super disappointing. A calendar that shows only dates is not much of an app. I just think the phone has so few apps (thank god!) that all the basics of them should be working 100%. It is like having a message app on a phone where you can read the messages but not typing for answering them as a basic feature.

Again im a huge fan of the Mudita phone and I am spreading the Mudita lifestyle to my friends as I believe in its life changing message.
I hope the team really thinks about this and plan to release at least a feature of adding events manually to the calendar app. Just the basics like in the video you showed above.

best regards to all! :smiley: keep up the good work, and happy new year.

4 Likes

Agreed. If you can’t do anything with the Calendar app then there is no reason to be there. It literally is useless

3 Likes