Calendar function in Mudita Pure

Dear community!
As you know the calendar function in Mudita Pure is not finished yet and at the moment allows only to check the date. As we’re approaching the time when we’ll be implementing some more functions in our calendar app, we’d like to know what are the key calendar functions you’d like to see in Mudita Pure and how you imagine using them.
Thank you in advance for your replies

7 Likes
  • Importation from Google Calendar via Mudita Center
  • Editing of Pure calendar within Mudita Center
  • Repeating or non-repeating event
  • All-day or time-block event
  • Chime notification in advance of start of event or at start of event
  • Duplication of event within Mudita Center
  • Send event details via SMS message
  • Delete event
  • Add and edit title
  • Add and edit description
9 Likes

When possible a search function en ways to mark an item so it’s easy to recognise similar items.

5 Likes

Support for other calendar providers (after Google Calendar sync is implemented):

• Outlook (Microsoft)
  • Tutanota
  • Protonmail, etc.

Also, automatic sync when the Pure is connected to the PC and the user opens Mudita Center

5 Likes

Hi there!

Your words “pure calendar” resonates with me and I wonder if we are on the same page in this case. Would you be so kind and tell me more what “editing pure calendar” means to you?
I’m trying to find best “distraction free” way to plan my life (work, home, self care etc). Do you have any inspirations you could share with me? <3

3 Likes

I am referring to editing the data in the calendar that appears on the Mudita Pure cellphone. My request to @Wojciech_Wasiluk in this regard is that the Mudita Center software should allow Pure owners to edit that data.

5 Likes

Oh, got it, thank you!
I agree.

For me, the ability to manage the calendar using a desktop application (Mudita Center) is very important. Let me be clear - a calendar funcionality in my phone is important (but only as a support for quick planning, adding events, notes, ideas, dates, etc.), but in my opinion it should not be the “main tool”. I am trying to change my habits and recently realized that it is nice to sit for a while every day and think carefully about my daily tasks, routines and responsibilities (or weekly, it depends on personal routine/needs of course)

At the same time, I need a handy tool for taking quick notes and upcoming events I didn’t plan before. And it would be awesome if I have only one, well desinged tool for both touchpoints.

But this is me and my needs :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I concur! Editing the notes in the mudita center is a must!

I personally would like a way to tie the notes with the calendar, to be able to create a edit a daily note.

4 Likes

I would just like the calendar to be correct! did you know some of the months days are incorrect? May for instance is a day off it has May 1 as a Saturday it should be a Sunday and January 2023 is a day wrong also as is October. That is as far as I checked.
I would also like to be able to add notes and reminders on the calendar.

5 Likes

I hope we can have quick update for it. I didn’t notice it until you told that :smiley: As for now (when it shows only the dates) it should be corrected as soon as possible. Maybe update 1.2.1 before the weekend :wink:

6 Likes

@ziva Can you please check if you have your YEAR set correctly. You might not have automatic settings enabled & this could be causing the date to be off.

2 Likes

the year is definitely set correctly. It is not that the whole calendar is a day off it is just certain months. for instance this month April ends on the 30th which is a Saturday, this is correct on the calendar, and then May 1st says it is a Saturday too. I looked through 2023 and this occurs in January and October too.

3 Likes

I can confirm

2 Likes

All of this! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can we expect calendar update before 1st of May?? And how often will you release mudita Pure updated (monthly? quarterly?) How many developers working right now to fix/corrected issues?

2 Likes

@andrzej Thanks for your question. We do not anticipate on releasing any new updates this month. Our team is currently on analyzing the requirements for the app & gathering info about the needs of our community. Currently, we do not have an exact date when this particular update will be implemented.

1 Like

Calendar for May is off by one day. :frowning:

2 Likes

@nyloncake: I have not received my Pure, but I have a question for you: Have you checked the clock on your Pure to see whether it is set correctly to AM vs. PM?

2 Likes

It’s not the date display that’s wrong (also I use a 24h clock so that’s not an issue). The phone accurately detects we that today is Tuesday, May 3 and displays that on the homescreen. On the calendar app, however, May begins on Saturday 1. This is wrong. May begun on Sunday 1. As a result, the entire calendar for May is wrong. It’s off by one day.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this list and can only elaborate on the desirable details of some of the points. I think it covers all necessary functionality without unnecessary bloat.

Regarding the “Google Calendar import”, perhaps import/export to a standard “offline” format such as a text-based .ics file would also be useful, for those who do not use services such as Google Calendar? This would allow backup and restore of calendar items for those who do not use big G’s services, and also allows import/export from most other calendars, for instance Mozilla Thunderbird’s “Lightning” extension, or Microsoft Outlook.

I personally think we should be encouraged away from big G’s services wherever possible; however import/export from Google Calendar is of course necessary for an easy migration to the Pure from smartphoneland, and also still caters to those who, having weighed-up the pros and cons, still decide to use that service. I’d therefore simultaneously discourage the use of “big tech”, yet welcome such an import function.

At risk of overcomplicating the interface, I would also suggest that things such as event start/end times, or reminders, should be options in the dialogue. For instance, I may want to record that an event happens on a specific date, but perhaps do not need an alarm reminder for it. I may only want to see the event when I actually “open” the calendar (much like occurs when we use a paper-based diary).

I think the option of all-day or block-time events is particularly useful: Two good examples might be the hypothetical calendar-items “Kirkmahoneyphd’s birthday” and “Kirkmahoneyphd’s seminar and book-signing”. This leads on to when a chime notification (if requested) should occur: In the case of the former, I may wish to have an alarm 1 day or even 1 week before the event, to give me time to write and deliver a card; in the latter, I might only need 1 hour or even 1 minute notice, if I am already in town.

2 Likes