Blog: Are you ready for another sneak-peek of Mudita Kompakt?

Join the conversation & let us know your thoughts.

5 Likes

While wireless charging is a nice feat, my current experience is that its just a slower charging docking pod station that you place phone on, using same cable and brick. Thus, not much of improvement, except less strain on charging connector (Q wireless tech used on balmuda phone). Hope tech will improve in time with longer distance from charging pod, making it more useful.

3 Likes

Does wireless charging send out more or less radiation then charging with a wire?

2 Likes

@mausje75 Thanks for your question. I’ve passed this question on to our team, because I don’t know too much about this specific topic.
Once I hear back, I will let you know.

2 Likes

@mausje75
So our team said that as a general rule, EMF around a device is stronger in the wireless version. However the range of radiation is quite low. The truth is, all electronic devices emit electromagnetic fields (EMFs) to some degree.

2 Likes

Off course it is.
But I was just wondering.:wink:
Thanks for the answer! :pray:t3::hugs:

2 Likes

The wireless charger looks good.

3 Likes

Does it support Qi2 charging?

3 Likes

@gmahale Is that the 'fast" wireless charging?

2 Likes

“Qi2 devices feature Magnetic Power Profile technology which aligns devices and chargers perfectly for improved energy efficiency, faster charging, and easier usability.” I guess you are already familiar with MagSafe from recent iPhone models.

3 Likes

I’m not familiar with iPhone features because, if you can believe it, I’ve NEVER owned an iPhone in my life…

3 Likes

MagSafe uses magnets in the phone and charger to align the coils for more efficient wireless charging. Qi2 is based on MagSafe. Since you mentioned wireless charging as a feature of the new phone, I assumed you are aware of the new standard.

2 Likes

Wireless charging is not as efficient as wired charging. The heat generated affects battery health. The alignment of the coils is especially important in this regard. If the Kompakt does not support Qi2 charging, I hope the next version will.