Battery in pure is not insufficient

Hello. I have a question about the battery. I think I got a phone with a defective battery. After full charge in the evening, in the morning it is 75% despite not using it and the battery discharges within two days, even though I turned off the backlight of the screen, keyboard, music, I do not listen to only a few calls and a few messages.
Please answer if this is normal in this device. Can I order a new battery somewhere. I have the option to charge the battery once a week and I would like it to last at least that much. Greetings Piotr.

1 Like

@piotrek71 Our customer service will be able to sort this issue out for you. Please e-mail them at Support@mudita.com and they will be able to help you out.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply. I fell in love with this phone and apart from the battery problem everything works fine. Greetings and thanks for your dedication to the benefit of our entire community.

2 Likes

I am having exactly the same situation like you

2 Likes

Interesting, after the phone ran to dead (Flat battery) I am trying to charge it for 20 minutes and unplugged the cable to power on the device. All that displays is a battery and an X. I would have thought 20 minutes would get me some charge. But no, I am unable to power up the device at all. Going to try a battery pull.

3 Likes

Battery Pull resolved it.

3 Likes

The last update of the Mudita O.S. doesn’t change anything in battery case. Pure works only two days even, i don’t use it very often. My smartphone works the same but i use him more then pure. Battery in this equipment is very weak. I am very interesting @urszula what ditch the battery in pure. Maybe e-link screen, meditation timer or rings i don’t understand how can i use pure to works longer between charges. Please @urszula response to me and peoples who trust mudita promise that battery will be works even one week.

2 Likes

Food for thought… If a phone typically is trying very hard to obtain a signal it will introduce significant battery drain. In the area you are using your pure is there healthy signal strength? Some bands pull more power than others

3 Likes

Yes, searching for a signal drains the battery enormously and should be avoided. If I leave my Pure in the locker in the changing room at work, the battery drains very quickly. Because it is well shielded in there and hardly gets a signal. I then always switch it offline for the time.
Nevertheless, I also have battery problems. After a full charge, the Pure loses a bar of battery virtually overnight.
After that, it settles down a bit.
But the music player also uses a lot of battery, even though it is extremely minimalist. That’s why I’m not using it at the moment.
And when the Pure only has two bars of battery left, the reception is extremely spotty for me. Recently, it took me ages to get reception again. In between, I got the message that the modem could not be started.
I had to remove the battery and reboot several times to get some reception. After charging, everything works again as usual. But if you have to charge when the battery is at 2 bars, you can never use the full capacity of the battery.
Either the battery is not really great, or the OS needs to be adapted further. As I said before, a runtime of 4 to 5 days and I would be happy.

4 Likes

Thank you @marko for your respone. I I would be happy too if pure will be working for four :wink:

2 Likes

Is there a way to resolve this smarter in software, so it does not quickly drain battery?

2 Likes

And i still waiting for update ,who gives my pure battery more day life without charge. 1.3.0 still doesn’t :confounded:

1 Like

While battery is switchable, I have not seen replacement battery on Mudita website. Hope it will appear soon.

Note that everywhere listed phone battery life is just for idle standby use - not really related to real life use.

2 Likes

@piotrek71 I think you were in contact with our Customer Service about possibly getting a new battery. Did you decide to move forward with this?

2 Likes

Yes, I contacted me, I was told that it would be possible to buy a battery, but for now there is a logistic problem. I wait patiently on.

2 Likes

Battery life is just for idle standby use - not really related to real life use. I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, so its possible to buy it via customer service? Think of offering it as acessory.

My bad :slight_smile: I ment the estimated battery life given in phone specs is usually on fully idle phone - no use at all, or at just speak time. Other functions, mp3 and similar, surely drain more battery, bluetooth too (Wi Fi and 4G on smartphones too …)

So its NEVER a clear real life use indicator :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actualy in touch with Customer Service, and i am waiting for the answer. I hope that my problem will be resolved.

1 Like

@piotrek71 That’s great. I’m sure the guys in our customer service department will take care of you.

3 Likes

I am a bit angry. The guys in your Customer Service departament even don’t take care about my case. I send e-mail almost one week, but i don’t have any answer from they. I still waiting :thinking:

2 Likes