Automatic airplane at night

Hello, I love that Pure has physical button to put the phone in airplane mode, or in the halfsies mode, where you can opt that the phone connects at specified intervals to receive texts. It would be GREAT though, to have an option to set the phone to automatically go on airplane mode during specified hours that the user can decide. For example, someone may want to shut off the phone during non-work hours, from 6pm to 8am the next morning. Or someone may want to put their phone in airplane mode when they go home to their family from work, but sometimes they forgetā€¦this option would ā€˜set itā€™ for the person so they donā€™t forget. Thank you. As a woman Iā€™m very concerned about EMF radiation from a fertility perspective and also very concerned about children and want an EMF-free home. However, the husband has to have a phone for work. He always forget to turn it on airplane when he comes home exposes us as he is very close to us and its always in his pocket.

1 Like

@Felicia_Hobert thank you for your post.
So far we will have a physical slider, which will allow you to set the Offline (Airplane) mode on Mudita Pure. I will pass your idea onto our team.
As to talk about EMF exposure, Mudita Pure has the ultralow SAR value (19 times lower than, for example, in the iPhone 11). And for sure, if he would try to use Pure instead of the current phone, you all will be safe.
Have you ever tried our SAR Checker in order to determine the SAR value of your current phones? You can see it here : https://mudita.com/community/sar-checker/

Hello, I greatly appreciate what you have done, however, Iā€™d much rather see information regarding the power density emitted by the phone. I can tell from your website that your team truly cares about health, and therefore Iā€™m sure yourā€™e aware of the issues with SAR metric (https://www.shieldyourbody.com/sar-cell-phone/). Iā€™m sure youā€™ve also seen the BioInitiative report summary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LeX3iL8nSgb7tFzV9k3BS5dr7uiYgGkT/view?usp=sharing showing the effects from very low levels as measured in power density. As a woman, I still donā€™t feel comfortable having phones in the home, even if theyā€™re carried by a husband, because he forget to turn it off all the time, and thus, exposing himself but also me, who is still of child bearing age. Please reconsider this feature, it is so important. If you have additional information to share regarding the safety of your phone, I look forward to learning.

1 Like

As very related point, I also know that the various aspects of the wavelengths determine also how safe or dangerous it is for humans, insects and animals. For example, the pulse frequency, type of pulse, the type of wave, the modulation (which is a result of the engineering of the device), and othersā€¦ Iā€™d love to see more information on how Mudita has looked at all of these aspects. Does your engineering team work with Pawel Wypychowski, who is also in Poland I believe? He is incredible - link to podcast with Nick: https://theemfguy.com/006/.

1 Like

@Felicia_Hobert thank you for your comment. Yes, we are all aware of it.
Based on its own international antenna patent with shielding (US patent 9,900,411 B2, EU 3,185,352), Mudita Pure minimizes user exposure to RF energy. In terms of the SAR value, the one measured for Mudita Pure showed that it is almost for example 12 times lower than that of the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Soon we will reveal more in that subject matter.

In Mudita Pure you will have a physical switch that will allow you quickly change modes from Online, to Do Not Disturb or Offline.
If I may quickly describe these modes:

• Online Mode: Mudita Pure is fully functional in this mode, you can stay in touch with others and let them message or call you.
  • Do Not Disturb:
    - No Distractions: Switch off all the notifications.
    - Whitelist: Allow only your favorite contacts to reach you.
    - Message Only: In this simple yet innovative mode, your phone will only log into the network during given periods of time (every 30 minutes by default) to send and download text messages. It will not accept any incoming calls. This mode was designed for those times when you want to stay connected but with limited distractions (during creative work, meetings, etc.). Following the rules of time management experts, we wanted to provide a setting that lets you consciously choose the best moment for a phone call instead of answering every request. Also, it wonā€™t transmit the whole time - only every 30 minutes (or depending on how you set it up).
  • Offline Mode: For those times when you really want to focus, take a break, or fly (i.e. airplane mode), the final position puts the phone in a fully offline mode. We created this mode so that you can make the most of your uninterrupted focus and to minimize radiation.
    If you havenā€™t done it yet, please take a look at Mudita Pure product page, where everything is explained. There are also some blog posts we have written, that could provide you with some ideas about EMF exposure and how to protect yourself. For example this one: How can we protect ourselves from too much exposure to RF?
    I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

I can see that you have great knowledge and I really appreciate that. :slight_smile:
Yes, we know Pawel Wypychowski. He will be testing our Mudita Pure phone soon.

Thank you Joanna - can you clarify the Do Not Disturb mode? Are you saying that there are 3 different modes WITHIN this mode? i.e.

1. no distractions
  2. whitelisted contact only can reach you
  3. Message only

Or are you saying that all three of those things exist when you turn on DO NOT DISTURB mode? Your answer will allow me to ask my final question. I did read the product page and I will read your other links. Thank you!

Yes,
Do not disturb mode has 3 options:
ā— Notification when locked
This setting allows you to block all notifications and alerts when your Pure is locked.
ā— Allow whitelist calls only
In Do not disturb mode you will also have a feature that allows us to completely get rid of unwanted incoming calls. All callers will be immediately rejected except the
favorites. In such a way will help you concentrate on your work and not be distracted by any calls from unwanted people.
ā— Message only
In this simple yet innovative mode, your phone will only log into the network during given periods of time (every 30 minutes by default) to send and download text
messages. It will not accept any incoming calls. This mode was designed for those times when you want to stay connected but with limited distractions (during
creative work, meetings, etc.). Following the rules of time management experts, we wanted to provide a setting that lets you consciously choose the best moment for a phone call instead of answering every request.
You will be able to set a different time for this option: Never, 15min, 30min,
45min, 60min.

1 Like

In this same vein of concern, when a user turns the phone on one of these modes, either Do Not Disturb or Offline, is this indicated on the screen of the phone? Current phones show an ā€œairplaneā€ icon when the phone is put in airplane mode. This is really important way to know if you have turned the phone in the mode that you want. Will Mudita have this?

1 Like

Yes. :slight_smile:
As soon as the mode is changed from one mode to another, a screen informing about this change will be displayed. And information about setting the mode, e.g. ā€˜Do Not Disturbā€™, will be shown on the main screen (until you will decide to change the mode again)

1 Like

@urszula: Can we make ALL of the people in our contacts our ā€œfavoritesā€ ā€“ so that we can use Do Not Disturb + Whitelist such that all of our contacts can reach us? (I failed to find a ā€œfavoritesā€ explanation by Mudita.)

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd I donā€™t think there is a limit on how many favorites you can mark, however, I will confirm this with my team.

2 Likes

Hey!
I would like to pick up the original thread since I find it very interesting:

It would be GREAT though, to have an option to set the phone to automatically go on airplane mode during specified hours that the user can decide.
Is that option possible?

I basically do that with my iPhone (itā€™s an automation via shortcuts), and I found it really convenient since I donā€™t really mind my phone anymore (switching it off/on, toggle airplane on/off) knowing it will go into airplane mode at 19 automatically every day and will come back to normal mode the next day at working hours.

1 Like

@nirvana Let me ask my team if thatā€™s possible.

1 Like

Yes, I can see that there are settings that one can choose, but after one has chosen one of these modes that turns the antennas off, and then one returns to the main screen, is there an icon that indicates that one is still in that mode?

Nirvana, can you describe in more detail how you set the iphone to go into airplane at pre-specified hours? that is AMAZING that you figured that out!

Sorry, I missed your post. Went offline for a while :sweat_smile:
This video is kind of ugly but informative :wink:

I loved how this was possible with a Blackberry in the past (where you could basically turn the phone on/off this way).

1 Like

@Marcin_Hakemer-Ferna Which Blackberry? I have a BB Q10 & I would love to see how this works.

It was in the old versions (curve etc.) Iā€™m not sure the ā€œnewerā€ ones had it. Iā€™ll have to check my z10 when I get home from the holidays. Iā€™ll keep you updated. But it was cool, because it actually turned off the whole phone (not just airplane mode). I guess it had to be at least a little bit on, because other wise Iā€™m not sure how they would pull this off.

1 Like