Are People More Sensitive Than They Realise?

While out and about I sometimes talk to people about the Mudita Pure (MuPu) which for me, is an excellent phone. Generally I mention it while talking about sensitivity, especially EMF, RF and wifi sensitivities which I experience.
Next what generally occurs is that with one swift and adept movement, I whip out my MuPu (huzzah!), start showing them the features, talk about how it works and my experience with it.
The response is generally:

• I/someone I know could really use a phone like that
  • I/someone I know has been looking for something like that
    or
  • Maybe I have EMF/wifi sensitivity because when I use my smart phone I experience

Then on the conversation goes about sensitivities and I can sometimes see awareness expanding within them about their own sensitivities.
For some people itā€™s the first time they become aware that the group of symptoms theyā€™ve been experiencing may be caused by EMF/RF/Wifi devices they use.

I wonder, have you had conversations like this? Do you think people are generally aware of their sensitivities?
Have you personally noticed a decrease or change in uncomfortable symptoms, simply by switching to the MuPu?

4 Likes

I can say one thing for sure: when working from my computer for extended periods of time, I would feel pressure in my forehead and my eyes would feel sore.

Iā€™ve taken steps to remedy this, by getting myself blue light filter glasses with anti-reflective coating, as well as utilizing light in the orange spectrum at night, which is more suitable for the eyes at that time.

In general though, I do feel better on days when I donā€™t work from my computer as much.

5 Likes

I have really noticed uncomfortable symptoms when returning to my iPhone even for brief moments. Right now I have the SIM in there, but I try to keep usage to a minimum, only replying to necessary texts. My head and eyes and hands feel uncomfortable within minutes.
I do not know anyone who is aware of sensitivities. The people who know I donā€™t (want to)use a smartphone generally think Iā€™m a little crazy. I only know one person in real life who does not use a smartphone. Even the people I know who are aware of EMF issues use them, and gives these devices to their children. They put stickers and use other ways to mitigate EMF.

4 Likes

Check out this post:

8 Likes

If I understood your response correctly - this is really disturbing to me, they give something they know if harmful to their children?!?!

You can consider me the second person you know with EMF sensitivityā€¦ Do you use any tools to assist with reducing the negative impacts from the iPhone?

3 Likes

Yes, I suppose this is the norm now. These are the people I learned about the issues of EMFs from!! Almost all children by preteen age have smartphones and iPads, even the very health conscious ones.
I have this Earthcalm sticker I put on my devices, but I actually do not know if I trust that it works as I still do feel the tension in my head and eyes after a few minutes of useā€¦ I decided itā€™s best to not keep devices like a smartphone near my body. Even the Mudita. So I am working towards a lifestyle that keeps these things to a minimum.
How do you handle EMF sensitivity?

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. Arthur Firstenburgā€™s book, The Invisible Rainbow, was a real eye-opener for me. I have long suspected issues with RF/EMF (as I am sensitive to many things in general), however, had taken a long time to face and actually take action to do somethingā€¦

4 Likes

I think generally people seem to just accept things that may not be healthy for them overall, but might not know how to deal with it.

4 Likes

Ultimately this is the best course of action Iā€™ve found for myself. Reduce / eliminate exposure for extended periods of time so the body can adjust.

When I used a ā€˜smartā€™ phone I used a CellSafe case, EMF shielding fabrics (silver lined cotton fabric), Airtube headset when on calls and also physically distanced myself from the device as much as possible during use. Luckily I have long arms!

With the Mudita Pure I made a little case for it with some of the EMF shielding fabric in it, physically distance from the phone, use the Airtube headset on calls and reduce cumulative exposure. All of these things help a lot for me.
I find the major difference between Smart phone and Pure is usage time - I could use a ā€˜smartā€™ phone (like you described) for a very short time - about a minute then start feeling negative effects of it. I can use Pure for HOURS before starting to feel negative effects of it.

5 Likes

Interesting observation - do you have any thoughts as to why they may be so accepting of this?

3 Likes

Humans tend to get used to the status quo. Humans are creatures of habit. They just get used to the status quo and accept things that may not be entirely good or beneficial for them. I think itā€™s more about the fact that social norms and the desire to conform to the behavior of others plays a really big role in this.

3 Likes

To me this is a great reason to become more mindful of even the smallest things in our lives - then we can become aware of when weā€™re doing things just because itā€™s what everyone else is doing, and open ourselves to making different choices as it feels right for us to do so.
Dare to be different, unique and beautifully authentic! :heart:

3 Likes

@galtions For some people it may be easier said than done. Some people are taught to not ā€œrock the boatā€ so they are afraid to be different & speak up for themselves, even when they know it would benefit them.
There was a thread on this forum some time ago, where a user states that they keep FB & Messenger because all their friends & family are on there. And even though they would like switch to a feature phone & not be connected to these social media platforms, they were afraid that their friends wouldnā€™t use regular texting & they would feel left out.
The struggle is REAL.

2 Likes

Yes, I was taught exactly that. I know that itā€™s not a possibility for some people to change this and may even be unsafe. Knowing this makes me feel that much more grateful to hear when people have been able to change this for themselves and feel better for it. :heart:

3 Likes