Would a 5G sim card work in the Pure?

So I was at the Mall and I asked someone working for Rogers which owns Fido and Chatr if reception in the basement would be better with Rogers 5G and he said it would. I am wondering now if I should try a 5G rogers sim card. Because Rogers owns Fido and Chatr and these providers work on the Pure, surely Rogers should as well. I am wondering if a 5G sim card would improve my connectivity inside my house and basement. I am not technical at all so I am hoping someone with more knowledge can chime in on this.

Cheers

1 Like

As far as I know, the Mudita Pure’s cellular radio supports nothing, generation-wise, beyond 4G LTE. A 5G SIM card cannot enable 5G service on the Pure.

Per a post that I made here several months ago, the Pure supports 4G LTE bands 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 26, and 28. Talk with Rogers about which of those bands work best at giving users a good signal in a basement.

1 Like

Also I just realized there are texts that are not coming in from a friend of mine that has a android phone, looks like anyone with a iphone texts come through, on lucky mobile, on Fido and chatr I had texts in and out from anyone no problem

1 Like

Yup seems like after awhile even on lucky mobile the phone has times when it will not connect. I was at the library and having issues with it. Popped the sim card into my AGM M8 flip. Been having a strong desire this week to use a pure dumb phone

1 Like

The compatibility of a 5G SIM card with a device like the “Pure” would depend on a few factors:

1. Device Capability: The device (in this case, the “Pure”) needs to support 5G technology in terms of hardware and software. If the device isn’t 5G-enabled, even if you have a 5G SIM card, you won’t be able to access 5G networks.
  2. Network Coverage: Even if your device supports 5G, you’ll need to be in an area with 5G network coverage from your service provider to utilize 5G speeds and benefits.

If your device supports 5G technology and the SIM card is from a carrier offering 5G service in your area, then yes, a 5G SIM card should work in the device, allowing you to access 5G networks and their increased data speeds.

1 Like