Will you use the e-reader?

I am excited about the Kompakt more than ever after after getting more info about the apps coming to it, but just curious how many of you will use the phone as a e-reader? I am conflicted on this because I actually don’t want to read off my phone, I want it to be separate from my phone.

Just curious how many of you like the fact it has a e-reader and whether you will utilize it or if you prefer reading your books separately either as a kobo reader or physical book

3 Likes

e-ink screens are made for it, so I see no reason why not

If I had a Mudita Kompakt, I would put some prayer books on it for on the road. Probably I will not be reading books. Maybe long form articles?

3 Likes

Comics, Bible, PDF documentation … There can be a lot of use cases :smiley: Depending on age and preference. Too bad pure has small screen, otherwise would love to see such option there too. But I can always make my own notes :smiley:

1 Like

No, I won’t. It has a small screen for me. Sometimes, I open some books on the go with my iPhone 11 Pro Max, which has a bigger screen (6,5), and I feel my eyes get tired, not because of the screen light but because of the small letters. If I get a Kompakt, it will be my primary device (unfortunately, I still need an additional device for parking apps), but I intend to buy the new iPad Mini to replace the iPhone, and I’ll use Kompakt’s internet sharing as needed.

4 Likes

Using zoom or large fonts options and scrolling more. It does not need to fit page per screen. Few paragraph’s is well enough. Like you say, healthy reading before amount of info.

1 Like

I will use it, hopefully it will read PDF uploads. There’s a monastery I sometimes visit and you can download the chanting book as a PDF and I pray I’ll be able to upload this to the Kompakt, that would be great.

3 Likes

I would use even small pure screen for text reading, and bet I would use Kompakts :smiley:

1 Like