Will the Mudita Pure work with Verizon in the US?

Hi guys, I pre-ordered this phone but now am having second thought since I hear that i might not even get signal. I live in Alabama and the only carrier that gives good signal all around here is a big company like Verizon. Thanks.

2 Likes

While the Mudita Pure is “technically” compatible with Verizon, it is not certified by them. Therefore, Verizon can kick you out of their network anytime they want because you are not using a certified device.

I’ll be testing the device whenever they send me one and doing a review, so stay tuned for that USA compatibility, but as of right now, I’m going to say, don’t count on it.

5 Likes

So if it doesn’t work for you, will you just send it back? I’m assuming you use verizon as well?

2 Likes

Hmm. That’s not how I do the reviews and videos on my channel haha. I use Verizon and I know that the Mudita Pure won’t be my daily driver, but I hope to keep it to continue updating the community as Mudita releases more updates of the phones. But that’s because I make content on the topic of basic phones and digital minimalism. If I was a consumer only and lived in an area where Verizon is the only carrier, I’d definitely have to send it back.

4 Likes

I am currently on my father in law’s (FIL) Verizon plan. I just received my Mudita today and when I inserted the sim card, apparently it triggered a text from Verizon to my FIL about how I switched phones. The sim didn’t work but I suspect that if my FIL called Verizon, he can get it sorted. Will report back tomorrow when he’s able to help me with it.

6 Likes

@peiitforward interesting feedback. Thanks for sharing.
Does anyone know if this happens often with US networks?
Perhaps @Jose_Briones can give us some insight.
When you switch between phones, when you’re testing devices, did you ever come across something like was described above?

2 Likes

Yes. It’s common. It’s to protect from SIM fraud. @peiitforward call VZ or go to a store to get this sorted. Be advised that since Mudita is not certified, they can refuse to give you support and the phone can lose connection at any time. It may or may not happen, but be aware of that.

@urszula excited to test the different carriers once I get mine.

4 Likes

@peiitforward If you are willing to loan your Mudita so I can review it, let me know. I am in Denver and would love to give the device a spin for the YouTube channel and for other people to see the device is real!! But if not, it’s ok haha. Enjoy it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just got off the phone with Verizon, I will probably have to call again when I have more energy. The regular customer service person that Verizon doesn’t support this phone (as expected). I told them I was able to receive a call from my mom but I wasn’t able to call out or text (I just happened to receive a call from my mom during my half hour call with Verizon). They were in the process of transferring me to technical support to see what’s up and then the call failed. I don’t have much hope and was wondering if this is something that could be alleviated with future software updates?

1 Like

Here are something that you can try:

Ask for Tier 2 and ask them to activate CDMA-LESS on your account. If this doesn’t work, then no dice for this device.

Software won’t fix things sadly since it’s a certification thing rather than a software issue.

4 Likes

@Jose_Briones I’ve been in Poland for a few years & I don’t remember that switching phones in the US was so complicated. I remember going back to visit my parents from Poland a few years back & just buying a pre-paid sim card at T-mobile & popping it in my phone. No phone calls involved & it was not very complicated.
However, this may be different if @peiitforward is using a post-paid plan & as she said- she’s on a family plan.
Also, would it make sense for her to test out the phone by buying a pre-paid sim card?

1 Like

Things have gotten really complicated lol. On the prepaid side of things it remains pretty much the same, but on postpaid it’s all different kinds of hoops to jump in order to get the phones configured. A prepaid Verizon SIM may work but I’d recommend using an MVNO like US Mobile in that case since they don’t even care about the IMEI.

Edit: Most of the time they don’t care :joy:

3 Likes

Hi all! I haven’t had a chance to call Verizon again to follow @Jose_Briones’s advice. It take a lot of determination and energy to even dial the number for some of these hellish customer service phone trees. I think I will try the prepaid route and report back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know, I just thought that you’d do us all a favor and pay it forward :rofl:

3 Likes

Still waiting to hear if anyone has successfully gotten Verizon to work, or anything other than T-mobile!

2 Likes

Verizon makes calls, but texts do not work well. I do not recommend you get the Pure for Verizon in the US. T-mobile has been working decently well. Review coming later this month. You can check my livestream with the Mudita and different tests.

2 Likes

Mudita Pure is carrier-free and operates on 2G/3G/4G/LTE which enables its global connectivity. Get more information from : Metro PCS Pay Bill Online | Instant Metro PCS Payment | TopMyCell™

Currently Mudita Pure does not work with AT&T and Verizon SIM cards, however, it works with T-Mobile.

Mudita Pure, due to its ultralow Head SAR antenna build won’t be able to meet those requirements,
therefore access could be cut off in the future.

2 Likes

You wrote "Currently Mudita Pure does not work with AT&T and Verizon SIM cards, however, it works with T-Mobile.

Mudita Pure, due to its ultralow Head SAR antenna build won’t be able to meet those requirements,
therefore access could be cut off in the future." What does “those requirements” refer to? I wasn’t aware that 4G/LTE service was in danger of being cut off anytime soon. Only 3G.

2 Likes

Verizon and AT&T have an additional certification process. Mudita didn’t pass the tests and therefore they won’t be able to use their VoLTE.

2 Likes

Is this CDMA only?? 3G is shutting down & it won’t work if that’s the case.

I am trying to find a ‘safe enough’ device for myself. I have EHS…Extreme intolerance to EMF frequencies, To the point of seizure/convulsions and even cardiac arrest. I am very upset that they are shutting 3G down.

3 Likes