Will the MP work in Canada?

I’ve been using dumbphones for several years now and love them. Unfortunately when I moved to Canada, I was astonished to find that there seems to be NO dumbphones available through any carriers here aside from the Alcatel Go Flip, which does not look like a good product. Even worse, I can’t seem to find anything on ebay that are compatible with the available bands. (Finding frequency information on 4G feature/dumbphones is difficult to begin with.)

So. Will the Mudita be Canada compatible with any carrier?

PS - This is such a great project, and I’m so happy that there are people who are willing and eager to step up to the plate to fill the gap left by smartphones and the continued shutdown of 3G networks. I’m happy that it is app- and internet-free, also: don’t cave to the high-tech needs of smartphone users, there is an absolute need for minimalist devices that are TRULY minimal, and not just glorified grayscale smartphones with the app stores disabled. If I need to know where I’m going, I grab a map. If I need to take notes, I grab a pen. If I need a ride, I call a cab. Thank you for keeping things simple.

6 Likes

Hi @boneblack, thank you so much for your message.

It’s always great pleaesure to receive such positive feedback about what we’re doing. We’re happy that you’re happy! We can confirm that Mudita Pure will work in Canada and it should be compatible with any carrier.

5 Likes

@boneblack 100% Yes! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Following up on the Canadian use, will this generally be considered a 4G device and as such support most/all frequency bands?

2 Likes

@pxt We have info that Mudita Pure will work in Canada on the following carriers: Rogers Wireless, Telus, Bell Wireless & Freedom Mobile.

3 Likes

What about Public Mobile? This is owned by telus

1 Like

It only works on Fido. Do not bother with any other provider in Canada