Which Mobile Phone Should buy in 2022?

iPhone or Samsung

Funny for sure.

5 Likes

Well, this forum is not the best place to ask such a question :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Isn’t it…?

2 Likes

Neither, spend time on this earth looking around at its beauty not glaring on a iphone or samsung

4 Likes

@cardio79 Very well said :smiley:

2 Likes

Also I want to make it clear, I was one of these people. Until I took up meditation, then I became more aware of being in the present moment. When you get to this place and you reduce your screen time, you start becoming more focused on the world around you.

4 Likes

This doesn’t help people trying to get jobs or calling for emergencies, though. There’s more to choosing a phone than misplaced priorities.

1 Like

Oh for sure, but people don’t just use phones for the reasons you mentioned. Those reasons are fine but once job responsibilities are done people return to the smartphone being a toy that distracts them from the people right in front of them. I am not saying no one needs a smartphone. Each person is different.

3 Likes

@cardio79 A few years ago, I had a collogue who intentionally left the employer provided smartphone at the office whenever she left for the day. She was serious about work-life balance & she was not going to deal with work issues on HER TIME. I kinda admired her for that.

2 Likes

Yes that is dedication for something you believe in. I think we can all make a million reasons up why we need a smartphone, and again I am not saying they have no use. But we really need to make sure they don’t become a part of us like a body part. Even though I have a dumb phone, I still turn it off and leave it in my office when my work day ends and its time to spend time with my kids. And then I check it maybe one more time before I put it in my sons room at 8pm when he goes to bed. The next time I have it near me is at 8am. then the next day. Then when my work day starts I put it in a drawer where I cannot see it. Even though its a dumb phone it still gets texts which causes distraction. I honestly wish I had a phone that was just a phone. I would tell all my friends and let them know if you have to reach me you have to call me because I value our friendships way too much to just communicate over text messages. But I will be honest when I get the Mudita pure it will be hard to put down lol. But like anything I will have to distance myself from even this phone because I truly believe even with a dumb phone you can easily get distracted reading and waiting for texts. This can become a negative habit that destroys productivity

4 Likes

On the contrary, I think it does!
The Pure does calls and texts.
I wouldn’t waste time WhatsApp-ing or Facebook-ing the emergency services or my relatives in an emergency. I’d dial their respective numbers.
In an emergency situation it’s easier to dial on a keypad than a touchscreen.
The Pure (theoretically, at least) should be more likely to still have some remaining battery charge when you need to make such a call.
You can still apply for (and do) most jobs without the use of a smartphone.(or a personal one at least). I’ve never filled-out an application form on a phone and only ever talked to prospective employers via regular phone-call and e-mail, which people tend to use a computer for if they’re typing anything more than a few-character response.
Someone who wastes less time on an endless scroll feed will be more productive and also less tired/stressed/depressed.

4 Likes