WhatsApp can now be used on Desktop only

See this FAQ:

I know a lot of people worry about not being able to use WhatsApp on the mudita pure, but I think with this new setting, there is no need for it anymore. You can use WhatsApp on your desktop, and enjoy being disconnected when you close your desktop :slight_smile:

WhatsApp was my number one reason for not being able to stop my severe phone addiction, I am super happy that I can not use WhatsApp as an excuse anymore to open my iPhone, and disrupt my sleep and quality of life.

3 Likes

It good but…

If you don’t use your phone for over 14 days, your linked devices will become disconnected.

So you can’t turn off your phone and throw it in a storage box. You have to open whatsapp on your phone at least once every 14 days. :man_facepalming: Well… still better than nothing. Beggars can’t be choosers.

1 Like

This is actually a GREAT alternative. Thanks for sharing. every 14 days is just TWICE a month. I can agree to look at my old phone twice a month :smiley:

2 Likes

How to use the WhatsApp Arab app on my desktop PC…?

2 Likes

Since 2013 there is Viber desktop, for Viber addicts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will it be integrated for third party whatsapps like fmwhatsapp, gbwhatsapp etc.? These whatsapp mods are very much advance in features and have nothing worry about privacy.

3 Likes

Hi annamore!
I don’t really want to have a Whatsapp in any form on the Mudita Pure. While these particular mods may not have privacy concerns, they are a constant source of anxiety and distraction. So they represent exactly what I’m dying to avoid with the Mudita Pure.
Nevertheless, I am aware that not implementing group messaging is an exclusion criterion for many.

2 Likes

People that want feature phone with limited WhatsApp can try plenty of cheap KaiOS phones. Meudita is not made for social media, its ANTI social media phone

4 Likes

Mostly integrating API’s don’t allow a third party apps to be integrate with there services like Twilio, but this can be possible if the API’s developer will add this feature /option then this is possible to integrate these mod applications.

2 Likes

You can easily use whatsapp on your PC or latop, You just have to connect your device with PC via QR code.

3 Likes

Even though it is a 3rd party and a mod, the reputation of the mod developer will prevent them from doing things that involve users. I have been using fmwaapps net for more than 1 year now but all my information is always confidential and safe.

1 Like

Is that a modified version of Whatsapp?

And same is true for Viber, Signal, telegram … so I use them on PC even more often, with ease
However, one must first confirm, often via weblink or QR code scan. While it will continue to work even without smatrphone, once activated, please do so now if you plan using dumphone like Pure.

1 Like

@RasVoja That’s what I do.

I activated it & it’s just available on my laptop. It’s easier to type anyways

1 Like

The only thing is, you cannot totally get rid of your smartphone. There is also an option to connect with your phonenumber instead of QR… only that option has a constant “ oops, something went wrong, please try again” in other words, it looks like they want to discourage you to enter without QR. ( tried different computers )
So now I am typing with a T9 keyboard my WhatsApp messages. Very short messages tho…:grimacing::crazy_face:

1 Like

Session messenger never asks you for a telephone number and runs on computers as well as on iOS/Google Android/AOSP-based Android.

1 Like