What’s your home tech setup?

Now you’re speaking my language! I do this too! :smirk:

What I didn’t do in the past is use peripherals like you do. Maybe I just am way to rough with my stuff. When I started working from home, I did however start using a bluetooth mouse because the laptop trackpad was aggravating me so. I never really thought that doing this would extend the life of the laptop, but it makes sense… Thanks for the tips! When I get my next computer I’ll make sure it’s compatible with my current bluetooth keyboard. .

2 Likes

Use wine https://www.winehq.org/

2 Likes

framework
Maybe some of you might be interested in the Framework laptop. It’s a fully modular, repairable, super portable, beautifully designed laptop. I really love the idea of these types of repairable devices - products you actually own.

2 Likes

Are we relying on that startup to stick around to sell us the PROPRIETARY modular parts so we can fix the laptop in 5 years? I prefer laptops we can self repair but with industry common parts

2 Likes

Framework does have some proprietary parts (display, mainboard, expansion ports, keyboards etc.) but uses common NVMe SSDs, RAM, Wifi cards and open source expansion ports (anyone can create their own). But as it is a small company, we will have to see if they survive, although I’m optimistic. Linus Tech Tips from Youtube recently gave them some financial support.

1 Like

No i dont sadly i stick to 100% linux apps always have found an app for a task i need to do sence using linux from 1996 till now

2 Likes

@john_dumpling This is a REALLY nice looking laptop

• Alcatel flip phone provided by my carrier since they no longer support my 9+ year Samsung E590 (0.14 SAR)
    samsung E590
  • Switched from powerbook (10 years) to macmini (7-8 years?) to currently thinkpad T490s which within 1 year needed some hardware fix
  • Ethernet connection
  • dying first generation small ipad (hand me down from my sister) where I play one game
  • 2 landline phones
1 Like

@Joyce that Alcatel phone looks so tiny. Is it comfortable to use?

The photo is of the samsung E590 and it is small but in that hand, it does look tiny. It’s easy to use with the joystick…only texting sucks.

1 Like