What Planner do you use?

Back in the day when we only had a landline phone, that is what any paper, napkin or frontpage of the phonebook that sat beside the phone usually looked like… Doodeling away when on long calls… :joy:

8 Likes

In childhood, we were told that doodling is not good and it was forbidden in schools. Nowadays, it is known that doodling supports cognitive functions and helps with concentration. For most of my life, I thought there was something wrong with me and tried hard to be an exemplary student with neat notebooks. And it turned out that I think in images, and being a neurodivergent person, this type of activity is necessary for me. It’s fantastic that we are so different and have such diverse needs. I believe that there is no one correct method that serves everyone. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Personally, I’m a strong believer in my phone calendar. I find it as my go-to, since I do end up interacting with my phone on a daily basis (while in the city at least).

4 Likes

Sure, sometimes its nice to have a electronic calendar with reminders.
I like my planner to much to abandon it though, and I don’t want to type in everything twice (physical calendar + phone calendar).
I guess my dream device would be a phone with a monochrome camera and a physical calendar with a analog programming system (a 8x8 mini grid or something beside the note taking space) on each day, where you could set type of event and duration. Then scan it with the phone and store with reminder on or off. A more advanced but simpler to use barcode scanning system, if you will.

6 Likes

Thank you John… Now I can’t stop thinking about that idea and I’m currently looking for some pencils to sketch it out… :)))

4 Likes

Looking forward to see the result :slightly_smiling_face:Putting it beside/below the date/month and you get everything needed with one scan… I guess you can do the whole thing very stylistic and interesting too…

5 Likes

I have to say I like the idea and I’ve never really thought about it that way. It would bring the best of two worlds together :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am also looking to start using a paper planner. Does any know of a good one that is best for using the Getting things done model of Productivity?

3 Likes

Take a look at Bullet Journal Method. You can adjust this method to your needs. :slight_smile:

Ps: I’m reading a book about time management (a totally different point of view) , I can’t wait to share it with you, but first - I need to finish it to be sure if it worth recommending.

3 Likes

I looked at bullet journaling and getting things done and I think I will be going with getting things done. But will see, I am still reading through getting things done.

4 Likes

GTD seems to be a more structured approach, easier to stick with, but not as suited to specific needs one might have…
I’m curious how it will go! Let us know your experiences :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I prefer structure. I set up a physical inbox tray on my desk yesterday according to GTD instructions and I love it so far keeps everything in one spot. I am using a physical planner which I enjoy and when my mudita pure gets here I will use the notes app when I am out to put tasks I remember while out because I don’t like carrying a physical planner with me. Once I am home I will write out notes from the Mudita to the planner. I am actually almost 5 months without a smart phone and I have enjoyed every moment of it, has not made my life difficult at all not have one, in fact its enhanced my life.

2 Likes

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for this. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like