What does the word 'Mudita' mean?

I mean, I like it and the logo is lovely but what does it mean?

3 Likes

The word ‘Mudita’ comes from Pali, an ancient Indian language, and doesn’t have a direct translation into English. There’s more information here: https://www.mudita.com/journal/what-mudita-actually-means

7 Likes

Cool, thanks!

4 Likes

Nice link. The blog is really good.

3 Likes

does it mean we can have a free phone for life :wink:

2 Likes

Exchanging devices every year and producing more e-waste is so 2014. Buy a new phone when you choose to, not when a manufacturer expects you to. Parts are replaceable and can be updated when necessary. We also believe in less electronic waste so we’ve minimized the set of accessories, most of us have enough of them anyway. Pure goes simply with a cable that you can connect to most chargers and laptops.

2 Likes

From my perspective, having been a corp cell user since the late 90’s by Nextel and then iPhone 3 all mandated and provided by my employer, this is the phone made for people who just want to be left alone. It won’t bother you, doesn’t care what you do or who you know, can’t follow you around and report it to others, it just wants to be your digital servant instead of your digital leash.
In America, that is a completely new concept and I love it. Especially without GPS !!! I’m researching now looking into purchasing… is it available through ATT or others or will they not sell non GPS phones ?

2 Likes

Brilliant!

1 Like

Also brilliant! @urszula, these could be great taglines for the Mudita Pure.

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd I like this one:

It’s so BOLD!

1 Like

@Ursula, @kirkmahoneyphd
Thanks for the praise but…
I live in a country where the concept of Liberty has been redefined to mean free and both are in the process of being stolen daily by commercial and governmental interests. The laws that limit govt have been corrupted and turned against us and no one notices.
When I was working every time my phone rang it felt like my VP’s were tugging my leash to get a response I wasn’t ready to give and when I disabled by voice mail it sent them all scrambling. Its still disabled to this day.
Your phone can give the people back their privacy and their security inexpensively and totally at least until some lowlife mediocre govt official decides that a backdoor and/or a GPS should be mandated in all devices.

2 Likes

When GPS and WiFi/Bluetooth are mandated, I will permanently lose all my phones. Perhaps that’s why phones such as Mudita Pure are not currently available from any U.S. cellular carrier.

2 Likes

@elizabeth Interesting observation. I think you may be on to something.

@elizabeth, I saw your comment after read this article.

1 Like

@roberto Yikes!

1 Like

It’s not so bad a thing for people who want to be able to find their lost/stolen $2500 phone. I get that part.
Any modem connected by 3,4,5G can be located by network tower triangulation.
So one question is a simple one: do you need your phone with you or not. If not, leave it off and at home. If you do need a phone, get a burner with removable battery.

I like the term digital leash mentioned earlier too. It’s horrifyingly accurate. Luckily my work iPhone has the battery life of a sega nomad so it’s usually dead by 10pm and on silent anyway.

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd This is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like