Water resistance?

I’m very interested in making the switch away from my smartphone to what I would consider a “wise-phone”, I was just wondering about water resistance. I’m not planning to drop my phone in water, but is there a base level of water resistance planned for your phone?

6 Likes

Hi! Welcome to our forum!
We actually like to describe our phone as wise phone or a simple phone for wise people! :slight_smile:
Regarding water resistance, we are working towards meeting the IP54 standards. This means that the phone will be water resistant. Mudita Pure should not be submerged in water but it will not be damaged if exposed to rain or splashes etc.

4 Likes

Hola Kasia, followup question!
Does Mudita foresee a product that meets IP68 standards?
I love having a waterproof device and ideally.
I love forgetting my phone is even on my person.
I’d love to never worry about the elements being a danger.
If not, maybe there’s a market for a Mudita phone case?

2 Likes

Yes, a waterproof case, if not phone, would be fabulous!

1 Like

Are the buttons going to be under a plastic cover, or will the case have holes for the buttons ?

I ask because buttons under a cover are easier to wipe clean, as dead skin cells trap around the gaps.

I personally would like the phone to be completely sealed with no orifices, if possible, so that it could be washed like a bar of soap what with the recent outbreak and all.

1 Like

@hwop Thanks for your question. The buttons are not covered in a plastic film- It’s just a regular keyboard. I keep my phone in its case most of the time & it doesn’t really get dirty- even when I have it in my purse. When I need to disinfect it, I just use an alcohol wipe & I’m good to go. I don’t think I would wash any phone with soap & water.

1 Like

Think about a phone with no openings: no speaker, nor gaps around the buttons, if you had to wash your hands because of Covid, or if they were just dirty, you could wash your phone without issue.

So much easier to keep clean.

I see you opted for the black phone, why not make the screen black on this one, with white text ?

1 Like

I like it in the original version.
The inversion looks like this:

1 Like